best beach snorkeling in cozumel

tritontr21

second trip to Cozumel. looking for the best place with good snorkeling and tables with covers. not too crowded.

Last time i was in Cozumel taxi driver took us to a nice place but cant remember name. It was a small place, small reef near shore. Had 2 small buildings, one for renting gear and the other was the "kitchen". they did not have business cards but gave me a receipt, i kept it for the longest, but of course i cant locate it. the buildings were yellow and it was a "mom and pop" operation.

any advice of a cool place would be great, this is my GF first time. I dont think the park would be good, it looks man made and i want natural structure in the water and small reef/rocks in the water. looking for natural...

we will be leaving Thursday...

second trip to Cozumel. looking for the best place with good snorkeling and tables with covers. not too crowded.

Last time i was in Cozumel taxi driver took us to a nice place but cant remember name. It was a small place, small reef near shore. Had 2 small buildings, one for renting gear and the other was the "kitchen". they did not have business cards but gave me a receipt, i kept it for the longest, but of course i cant locate it. the buildings were yellow and it was a "mom and pop" operation.

any advice of a cool place would be great, this is my GF first time. I dont think the park would be good, it looks man made and i want natural structure in the water and small reef/rocks in the water. looking for natural...

we will be leaving Thursday...

sounds like you are describing xul ha (pronounced shul haw)[long u in shul -ha

This is the beach at Chankanaab park. It is a pretty beach with chairs provided. You can rent snorkel equipment right on the beach. Note the cruise ships in the background. The park is a short cab ride away from the Puerta Maya and International piers.

While the beach is sandy the surf isn't. You can't see it in the photo but their is a seawall that keeps the beach sand away from the water. You walk down steps at various locations and step onto a rocky coral bottom. The snorkeling can be very good here.

You can read more detail on the park website.

http://www.cozumelparks.com/

2067506320080888825S600x600Q85.jpg

Archived