anyone ever do the name change thing?

My brother just broke up with his girlfriend and is set to sail with us on May 24 (majesty). He called and replaced her with one of his buddies and the cruise rep. said "just show up at the pier on the day of the cruise". They aren't sending any new documents and this makes us a little nervous. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation? Will everything work out?

asmitty

I don't know...this doesn't sound right to me...I'd want to make sure that the new person's name is on the cruise documents...since 9/11...for security purposes...the ship's roster cannot have any changes more than 7 days out...or something like that. Actually...you can have your brother check on-line...go to the RCCL site...put in his name and booking number...and all passenger under that booking number should come up...then he could even do boarding papers ahead of time to save time at the port...good luck.

My first balcony on the Vision!!! 2/20/05
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=da70d6&cdt=2005;2;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]
RCCL Majesty of the Seas - April 2004
Carnival Inspiration - June 2003
RCCL Monarch of the Seas - July 2002

The cruise ships have to submit their manifest 72 hours prior to sailing, so just "showing up at the pier" won't work unless RCI already has the buddy's name in their records, and has submitted it. No - it's too late to get cruise documents for the new passenger, and he'll have to do what they call "pier pickup" and fill them out at the pier before boarding.

I would ask them to fax you a copy of your reservation. I used to work at Disney Cruise Line's Reservation Center and what she has told you is what we would have told you too... We would change the name in the system so the maifest has the proper person but because it was so close to the sailing new docs would not be sent out you would just show up and check in. It is not as fishy as it sounds, but make sure you get a confirmation that states the change... Speak to a supervisor if you need to, just get that insurance for yourself, it will at least put your mind at ease. Checking on line is a great idea. The on line documents can be submitted and you can print a copy for yourself to take to the port. If the change was made in their system it would appear on line.

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;5;30;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  NCL Sun...Alaska

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;10;31;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]  Halloween...Explorer of the Seas

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2005;08;20;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800[/img]  Disney Magic Repositioning...Ca-FL

RCCL Enchantment of the Seas 2003; Carnival Spirit 2003; RCCL Brilliance of the Seas 2002; RCCL Voyager of the Seas 2002; Disney Wonder May & Dec 2001; Disney Magic 2001; RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 2000; Disney Magic 1999; Disney Wonder 1999; Carnival Ecstasy 1999; NCL Norway 1998; Carnival Fantasy 1998; NCL Leeward 1997; Commodore Caribe I 1986

I have done this before, and what they are telling you is true. You have the new person added by phone, through your travel agent or RCI, and then use your docs to check in at the pier, just like normal. RCI will have the person's info on their computers and it goes smoothly.

Check on RCI's website where you can fill out ypur documents online and make sure they have updated your new passenger's name on there and fill those out before you go, that helps too.

Have Fun!

Keli

HAL Rotterdam EASTERN CARIBBEAN 1983

HAL Statendam ALASKA 2001

RCI Adventure of the Seas SOUTHERN CARIBBEAN 2002

RCI Rhapsody of the Seas WESTERN CARIBBEAN 2003

Rhapsody BIRTHDAY CRUISE - Happy Birthday To Me!
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;10;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600[/img]

I did end up checking on line and his friend's name is there. I think I will have them fax me a copy, though, just for ease. Thanks for your info, folks. We're just one of those families where anything that can go wrong usually does go wrong. Let's hope everything goes smoothly with this situation because we are ready to have a great time!

asmitty

Archived