New Shows for Solstice?

d-dfoster

Hi all.

We are tentatively booked for our second trip on the Solstice this January and were wondering if the shows will be the same. In the past they have with Celebrity, but since the Solstice has become a destination itself.. we were wondering if they would change up the Cirque like show up a bit? I realize that a considerable amount of money was spent just to put on that show .. but one can hope. My folks read that they might be... has anyone heard anything?

Thanks

~Donna

The cirque show will be pretty much the same. There will be minor changes in the special talent. The guy and the chair and the guy with the funky yoyo are not in this cast, but the hulahoop girl is coming back in a week.

I don't know when your first cruise was, but the original cast was there November through April. The 3rd cast is boarding in Rome next week.

The shows on Equinox are pretty much the same as well with only minor changes.

The cirque show will be pretty much the same. There will be minor changes in the special talent. The guy and the chair and the guy with the funky yoyo are not in this cast, but the hulahoop girl is coming back in a week.

I don't know when your first cruise was, but the original cast was there November through April. The 3rd cast is boarding in Rome next week.

The shows on Equinox are pretty much the same as well with only minor changes.

I took the backstage tour on Solstice, and was surprised that almost all of that special talent was "homegrown"; I had assumed that they had recuited people with some circus type background. I talked for quite awhile to the dance captain, and was told that almost all the people in the show were hired as regular singers and dancers, and they either had a talent [eg hulahoops] that was worked into the show, or they learned the talent in the land based pre-show training. I think the chair guy actually started with Celebrity as a bartender [or waiter?]. The dance captain was on the giant trapeze [i think there were four people on it] and none of them had ever been on a trapeze prior to this show.

Thom

• 2 months later...
I took the backstage tour on Solstice, and was surprised that almost all of that special talent was "homegrown"; I had assumed that they had recuited people with some circus type background. I talked for quite awhile to the dance captain, and was told that almost all the people in the show were hired as regular singers and dancers, and they either had a talent [eg hulahoops] that was worked into the show, or they learned the talent in the land based pre-show training. I think the chair guy actually started with Celebrity as a bartender [or waiter?]. The dance captain was on the giant trapeze [i think there were four people on it] and none of them had ever been on a trapeze prior to this show.

Thom

Actually, you got a little bit of a mixed up message regarding the talent for the show. The singers and dancers were from other X ships with some new people brought. They were trained over a much longer time than past shows. The training include a ton of cardio, weight lifting and show training(ariel work)

The special talent, Jana, Dizzy, Evgeni, and I forget the last guy, were all hired as pre trained talent with their own specialties.

Jana has worked with X for years, first on Galaxy then moved on to the M class ships. She comes from a circus family and performed with Cirque de Soliel.

Dizzy was previously a street performer. He worked with a number of companies and learned the German wheel on his own.

Evgeni and the other guy too were trained to their skills before coming to X

Dizzy and Janna are back on Soltice now. I'm not sure where the other two guys are.

Archived