What has happened to the SUN? (LONG)

IDKaren

Since the Sun has moved to the Mex Riv from Alaska, there have been 6 reviews posted in the ship review section. 5 5 stars and one 4 stars. Perhaps there WAS a crew change...

Come back and let us know when you return...

Believe now there are seven reviews.

• 1 month later...

Back from our 19 day cruise and am happy to report that the crew & staff were one of the friendliest and most efficient of all the many cruises we have been on. We never had any problem getting seated in the DR's and the food was good and varied menu's. Enjoyed it much more than the Dawn last summer with their new fixed menu.

Back from our 19 day cruise and am happy to report that the crew & staff were one of the friendliest and most efficient of all the many cruises we have been on. We never had any problem getting seated in the DR's and the food was good and varied menu's. Enjoyed it much more than the Dawn last summer with their new fixed menu.

Thanks for reporting back on this. I was really worried about the situation. Perhaps making it public speeded the correction. Glad to hear all is back on track.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for reporting back on this. I was really worried about the situation. Perhaps making it public speeded the correction. Glad to hear all is back on track.

When speaking with some of the crew members during our cruise on the Sun in November, it seems there were some demotions a few months ago related to the retiring of the Majesty. People who had been working to become Matre'D were moved back to Senior Waiter, Senior Waiters to Waiters, etc, to make room for additional crew members who would be joining from the Majesty. I suspect this was rather demoralizing and may have been the reason for the strange behavior.

I'm glad to see things back to normal on the Sun

We've sailed her twice, and although the ship doesn't have all the bells & whistles that the newer ships do-we've had great experiences with the crew. Enough so that I've got a B2B scheduled in November :D

When speaking with some of the crew members during our cruise on the Sun in November, it seems there were some demotions a few months ago related to the retiring of the Majesty. People who had been working to become Matre'D were moved back to Senior Waiter, Senior Waiters to Waiters, etc, to make room for additional crew members who would be joining from the Majesty. I suspect this was rather demoralizing and may have been the reason for the strange behavior.

Thanks for checking on this and getting back to let us know. Yes, kind of like being told the parents were cancelling Christmas after a year of being good. I think a demoralized "why bother" explains exactly what we saw. We knew there was something serious and unusual about the behaviors.

Hopefully now they will be back on track with hard work getting its due.

I'm glad to see things back to normal on the Sun

We've sailed her twice, and although the ship doesn't have all the bells & whistles that the newer ships do-we've had great experiences with the crew. Enough so that I've got a B2B scheduled in November :D

You lucky dog, but first you have the wonderful Pearl to sail!;)

Archived