question about drug stores/pharmacies in las ramblas

marsipan

we'll be in barcelona this weekend and am debating taking a package of diapers/wipes for the entire 10 days for our DS or buying them there. i was wondering what drug stores/pharmacies in the las ramblas area anyone could recommend? or even a name of a chain store in barcelona, something like walgreens in the states? thanks so much!

El Corte Ingles has a huge store at Plaza Catalunya (at the top of the Ramblas). They have a market floor that I believe carries that kind of thing (but I'm not positive). If I were you, I would bring my own supply. I wouldn't want to be wasting time locating diapers.

Hopefully somebody with more specific knowledge will chime in.

Editing to add another possibility: Go to Carrefour. Below is a link that shows its location on las Ramblas (copy and paste):

http://www.carrefour.es/hipermercados/guia_hipermercados/index.asp?iddirectotienda=http://bs.viamichelin.com/b2b2cv2/esp/index.html?productId=147798$$$cmd=amhome$$$id=199

thanks for your replies!! we didn't want to do checked baggage because apparently the airline we're taking has a track record of losing/delaying stuff, so we were trying to get everything in our carry-ons. but it would be so convenient just taking our own stuff and not hunting stuff down.. i might end up just packing a box with the diapers/wipes and if it gets there, great, if not we'll buy it there.

Definitely Carrefour Express on the Ramblas.

This will be much cheaper than the department store Corte Ingles and should stock most anything you will need. It is a self-serve supermarket with everything displayed on the shelves. This will be easier for you than having to ask for things in a pharmacy.

It is actually a bigger store than it appears from outside. Some of the more touristy stuff is near the front but go further back and you will find the things you need.

It can get very busy so allow a bit of time to wait at the checkouts.

Ditto for me regarding Carrefour Express. It's not far from La Bouqueteria and on the left hand side heading toward Placa Catalunya. It will be one stop shopping and the prices are very good.

Carrefour is similar to Wal-Mart in Europe. The express stores are like a very large Walgreens. You can purchase personal care, snacks, food items and they have a very large, inexpensive wine selection.

Archived