Horrible experience on Dream

[quote name='Philip217']
Does anyone believe - with nearly every aspect working against them - that the cruise line can pull this off without massive complaints from guests?
Its just not worth all the trouble.[/QUOTE]

On my first cruise in the early 80s Cunard Countess told us as we got onboard that they were substituting one island for another island because "the native were restless" on the original island. But they did this for a number of months and the pax did not have a problem with this.

[quote name='Smooth Sailing']The NCL Sun will replace the Dream out of New Orleans next fall and Cancun will be dropped from the itinerary and replaced with Playa del Carmen - both very positive moves by NCL.[/QUOTE]

Do you think Cancun will also be dropped by the Dream out of LaPorte? My itinerary still says Cancun, so maybe not.. Just curious..

I am a huge NCL fan but I have to agree with most everything you say.

Mainly because I was on the Dream a decade ago when it was NEW and it had the same problems. Even before Freestyle cruising that ship couldn't manage meals well and getting on and off tender service was horribly slow. I have had two disappointing cruises on the Dream. It was really pretty much a BAD DREAM!

I also agree about the rowdy children/teens on the cruise. I am a parent myself and I supervise my children well but there are many parents who don't. Since that is the case, I believe NCL should hire several more Security personnel during the peak school holiday weeks to ensure that these extra hellions don't ruin all the other passangers vacation. I agree it is not NCL's responsibility to manage these wild children but when they are out of control and not supervised by their parents then security needs to step in. To the rest of the passangers I think NCL owes a responsibility.

I hope you can try another ship in the NCL fleet. One that is designed specifically for the Freestyle experience. Stay away from the Dream/Sea and all those in that class. Pick a newer ship and avoid travel between Feb 15 and May 1 when the ship will be packed with families traveling with school age children.

Why did someone have to resurrect this thread from the dustbin of history?

We have had several very positive reviews of the Dream in the past few weeks, and this dredging-up of ancient history does no one any good whatsoever. We cruised the Dream in September 2002 and it did just fine with freestyle dining. We're heading to Vancouver in a week to take her to Alaska and are very much looking forward to it.

The last poster is right. Why is someone dragging up old news from back in January and before that. Hasn't anyone read the mkost recent reviews and reports from passangers on the Dream since it was in dry dock? Unless you are up to date on the latest news then you should not be making comments.

Those of us who plan to travel on the Dream next have been following the latest news. Maybe some of you that had a bad experience should give it another chance.

Just goes to show how different people have different opinions of the same thing!!! I sailed the Dream the third week in April and my experience was totally different from my point of view. I believe you get out of something what you put into it. That was my first cruise and I was completely, 100% satisfied with everything. Loved the food on the ship, the staff was very nice, very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we all were taken care of. I didn't see the ship as old and run down at all. I thought it was beautiful. The Stardust Lounge held everybody that wanted to be there every time I was in it. Our shore excursions were wonderful and so were the people who arranged it for us. As I said, after reading this, I wonder if you were on the same ship we were!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would sail the Dream again anytime. Just goes to show, it's all in how you see something I suppose. I went expecting a great time and I had it. Some people can't be pleased no matter who tries, I have found that out. So, you are entitled to your opinion but just because yours is negative doesn't mean everybody else's is. I would recommend the Dream for anybody myself. I wonder sometimes if these really negative things posted on here aren't somebody from another cruise line trying to give some other ships a bad rep. Anyway, sorry you didn't enjoy your cruise but I can assure you , I enjoyed mine enough for you and me both and can't wait to get the opportunity to cruise again, whether it's on the Dream or another NCL ship because I loved the freestyle cruising they offer and wouldn't want it any other way. So people, read all the reviews before listening to one negative one!

Archived