Parasailing / Jet Ski rental in GC

mingo

The only place to go is Seven Mile Beach. All of the parasail operators operate off SMB. They can come in at various spots to drop off and pick up passengers. Parasailing does not operate elsewhere in Cayman.

Almost any watersports beach rental outfit can book parasailing. They simply radio to the boats, collect payment, and keep a commission as a booking agent.

Many of those beach rental sites also rent out jet skis.

Nice tip about the rental outfits for parasailing!

My husband has his heart set on parasailing at seven mile beach. The ship's shore excursion listing is $86 and states you only get about 6 to 8 min in the air, the rest of the time you are on the boat while your ship-mates are in the air.

If we just go to the beach and visit one of the rental outfits, can we get a better deal less boat time or more "air time"?

Thanks for the insight,

Angie

PS Will they take US dollars or should we get Cayman dollars?

Everyone* in Cayman will accept US Dollars.

As the the rest... it is up to the business practices of the various operators. Though I live here in Cayman, I have never actually gone parasailing. Maybe others could describe their experiences?

*(Well, almost everyone. Certain kindly old Caymanian landlords insist the rent be paid in Cayman cash :rolleyes:)

• 4 weeks later...

Fat Fish Adventures does rents Jet Ski's ... they also have tours to stringraycity in jet ski or you can just book it per hour.. they have a website...

Great people.. Definitely going back with them!

Nice tip about the rental outfits for parasailing!

My husband has his heart set on parasailing at seven mile beach. The ship's shore excursion listing is $86 and states you only get about 6 to 8 min in the air, the rest of the time you are on the boat while your ship-mates are in the air.

If we just go to the beach and visit one of the rental outfits, can we get a better deal less boat time or more "air time"?

Thanks for the insight,

Angie

PS Will they take US dollars or should we get Cayman dollars?

We were there in May and Parasailed. We went to SeaGrapes beach and used thier vendor. They radio'd a small boat which pick up my two daughters who parasailed and allowed myself and gma to go out with them. We were the only ones they dropped off at the parasail boat so it was great. The girls were up for a good amount of time. (we had researched and found almost all parasailing companies quote about the same "air time"). Your key is to stay away from the ship tours where you have to wait for everyone else to go... On top of that they dropped us back off at the dock (they gave us the choice of dock or beach), and we shopped for a bit then got back on the ship. One other word of warning...Caymen time is different then ship time so make sure you are aware of your time schedule...and check to see if alot of ships are in port...cause it does get crazy with all the tourist... don't wait till the last minute to sign up to parasail

Archived