wow sale cost me $160 more

Last May I made the mistake of putting my cabin on hold in anticipation of the wow sale the next day. When I called to make my "reservation" I was told that a cabin on hold was a reservation, and therefore they would not honor the wow sale. So, this time I decided to wait until tomorrow morning so my ten day Mexican Riviera cruise could qualify for the $200 wow sale. Guess what? Tonight they raised the fare $180pp ($360total), so if I book tomorrow, I will pay $160 more than I would have today. I guess I expected them to raise the fare $50pp maybe, but this was a bit ridiculous. I was going to take a chance with the swine flu thing because the fare was so low, but now I may go with a better itinerary, and a different line.

You just cannot guess what's going to happen with cruise prices and price drops, especially now in this economy. If I were in your shoes, I'd go ahead and book at today's price. BUT consider that your "maximum price" and keep checking it.

I have a cruise booked for Jan 2, 9 days to Mexican Riviera, since I booked in May 09, I've gotten an upgrade to a balcony room, and yesterday I called and got $300 off.

I agree with the others, book the cruise and watch it for price drops. By the way, it seems they're dropping prices on the weekends and raising them Monday mornings.

Archived