? for anyone recently off the Holiday...

WarEagle1

Alburn fans cant board till the ship leaves, then they take them by tug boat and have to climb a rope ladder! LOL :rolleyes:

ROLL TIDE! :D

JUST KIDDING! DONT SHOOT ME!

ROTFLMAO! RoooooolTide! Really though, expect to get into the terminal about 11 AM.

Alburn fans cant board till the ship leaves, then they take them by tug boat and have to climb a rope ladder! LOL :rolleyes:

ROLL TIDE! :D

JUST KIDDING! DONT SHOOT ME!

Ha ha I too found that soooooooooooooooooo freaking funny!

Usually they let you start parking in the terminal around 10:30-10:45am.

Go TIGERS, LSU that is. Saturday is going to be one heck of a game against Florida.

One nice thing that the Fantasy does is put the game on in the Forum Lounge on the projection screen. Of course sailing out of New Orleans it was pretty easy as there was only one team most people wanted to watch. Sailing out of Mobile, there are going to be too many different requests as to which team should be shown. All I can say is Risa is going to catch hell as she is not going to be able to please everyone.

Dave

Last week arrived at the terminal at 10:05. I was on board by 10:25. Even better getting off. I was the 5th person off (carring my own bag) and was in my car and leaving the terminal by 8:10.

Wow! I hope we are able to embark and disembark that quickly! Thanks for the info! We leave Saturday!!!

Carnival seems to run a very good operation at the Mobile terminal. Very effecient and helpful staff. Sometime there are hangups, weather, customs, etc. but they seem to deal with it better than many terminals. It helps that the Holiday is such a small ship. We will have to see how they handle things when the much bigger Fantasy arrives. By the way the ramp was not in operation last cruise. They are still working on the new extensions needed for the much larger ramp. It is portable, on wheels and can be moved around to handle any ship that comes in. Very impressive piece of equipment.

Carnival seems to run a very good operation at the Mobile terminal. Very effecient and helpful staff. Sometime there are hangups, weather, customs, etc. but they seem to deal with it better than many terminals. It helps that the Holiday is such a small ship. We will have to see how they handle things when the much bigger Fantasy arrives. By the way the ramp was not in operation last cruise. They are still working on the new extensions needed for the much larger ramp. It is portable, on wheels and can be moved around to handle any ship that comes in. Very impressive piece of equipment.

Handling a larger ship should not be a problem as they were doing two ships when the Mississippi River was closed last year. The only issue will be parking. If you get there early, no problems. If you get there late, you might have to park in an overflow lot. They are suppose to be restriping the terminal which will allow an additional 150 vehicles to park.

Dave

They are suppose to be restriping the terminal which will allow an additional 150 vehicles to park.

Dave

After the re-striping, you will unload all passengers and luggage except for the driver, making sure to leave the trunk lid open. Then the driver parks the car and climbs out through the trunk.:D

After the re-striping, you will unload all passengers and luggage except for the driver, making sure to leave the trunk lid open. Then the driver parks the car and climbs out through the trunk.:D

Mine is easier as I have a moon roof. :p

Dave

Ha ha! I wouldn't doubt it if it ends up like that! Luckily, we live in Mobile, so we are having the brother in law drop us off for this cruise.

Archived