Will I get chucked overboard if ...

themons

On the last couple of cruises we did, it occurred to me that the sea days on the way down from Galveston to the Caribbean could be used for some productive training purposes.

If I offered low or no cost nitrox courses to my fellow passengers, would Royal Caribbean or Carnival throw me overboard? I'm trying to build my certification count, so as long as I'm not losing money, I'd be happy to offer the training.

I'm not sure how this works since you're in international waters, but on a cruiseship.

I'm pretty sure the Cruise Lines like to be the only ones making money on their ships. If they got wind that you were soliciting their customers in order to essentially run your own business on-board, they would not be happy. I doubt that they would go to the extreme and throw you overboard but I could be wrong.;)

You could not legally instruct in Cozumel. You would also have insurance to deal with. You would probably also have to make arrangements with potential students before the cruise so you could have the necessary teaching material with you for each student.

Cruise companies don't permit passengers to practice any sort of commerce onboard the vessel.

If you are interested in offering such a program, you'd need to make arrangements in advance and probably sign a contract.

It's all in the contract/terms and conditions.

Archived