Snorkel Belize or Roatan??

crazycruzer68

If I just wanted to do this once where would you suggest that we go?

Fins n Flippers in Roatan is by far the best I have done. Although, I admit the snorkeling in Belize is very good too. You really can't go wrong with either but Roatan is the better choice.

It was $20 per person and now it's $50 per person.

Actually, it's still $20 per person for arrivals before November 1. We just booked last week for our visit next week. So if you're sailing in the next few weeks of October, you can still get in before the rate jumps to $50. We went there last year, as well, so we know just how nice it is. Definitely a good value for $20; you'd have to think about it for the much higher price, however.

I would have to go with Roatan as well. Fins and Flippers is still well worth the price. You will pay much more than that for other excursions that are a heck of a lot worse. Don't look at the price increase...$20pp was a steal...but at the value - what you get for the dollar. Plus, the food is cheaper there than ANY other place I have eaten at any port - good too. And you won't have to fight a ton of people.

Our tour with Victor Bodden cost less than $50 p/p and was worth much more, a personalized tour and a guide for DH, DD and myself. The sightseeing was wonderful and our guide set us up with snorkel equipment for $5 each and stayed with our stuff until we were ready to leave. We ended up directly next to the Carnival Tabyana Beach Excursion but we were literally by ourselves a few yards away. If you would enjoy seeing some of the island as well as snorkeling I cannot say enough good things about his tours :)

We just returned from Fins N Flippers and all thought it was fantastic and the best excursion of the trip. We also did cave tubing in Belize and Twister/Passion Island in Cozumel. Yes, we only paid the $20, but all agreed that even at the $50 new rate, it still represents a great value which we highly recommend and would do again in a heartbeat. I realize several posters on this site and a tripadvisor site are really bashing them for their price increase, but without hesitation book this as the snorkelling was incredible. We saw all kinds of tropical fish, hog and yellowtail snapper, lobster, octopus, barracuda, mackeral, etc. It was incredible snorkelling the edge of the reef and along the drop. Fins N Feathers was a steal at $20 and still a great value at $50. For those who who think the $50 is too much..... GET REAL! as there arent many excursions that offer so much for this price.

Actually, it's still $20 per person for arrivals before November 1. We just booked last week for our visit next week. So if you're sailing in the next few weeks of October, you can still get in before the rate jumps to $50.

There is a rumor that it's going to become a cruise ship excursion... :eek:

What is offered in the $50 price with Fins and Flippers? I went when it was pretty new and all they had was the beach (gorgeous, but grassy), snorkel gear you could rent (admittedly cheap), pool, place to buy food/drinks, and the small (but very nice) gift shop. It was certainly nice for $20 because it was shaded and not many people, plus after paying to rent snorkel gear the snorkeling was nice. But I can't imagine paying $100 for my husband and I to go there and still have to spend a lot of money just to lay on a beach. Maybe if it came with 1 free meal or drink and/or free snorkel gear. Heck, for $49 a person we were on a practically deserted beach in Cozumel with a 3 course meal and unlimited drinks including alcohol! Everything was brought to us by servers

Heck, for $49 a person we were on a practically deserted beach in Cozumel with a 3 course meal and unlimited drinks including alcohol! Everything was brought to us by servers

Was that Nachi Cocum? We went there as well and had a nice time.

I don't think you get anything more, that's the rub.

Was that Nachi Cocum? We went there as well and had a nice time.

I don't think you get anything more, that's the rub.

Yes, Nachi Cocum :-) LOVED it! Beautiful, there were MAYBE 20 people there and that included a group of Shriners (sp?) staying at a resort who go every year--nice people. I feel like I'm ripping them off there! lol. It was also the first and probably last time I ever saw my husband get totally trashed. He was over his party days a couple of years before we met and only drinks a beer or 2 now and then. Well he definitely got his money worth in corona that day! If it weren't for me, he wouldn't have made it back to the ship, and almost didn't even with my assistance. He slept for the next 16 or so hours!

10 cruises and we snorkle at almost every port we go to. Roatan is probably the best I've seen. We did Tabayana Beach excursion thru Carnival, @ $35 per person. We don't usually do excursions thru the cruise line, but the price is good, and you can come and go when you want, buses every 30 minutes. That's one of the reasons we liked it too, we don't like being on a set timetable. Very beautiful beach and some truly amazing snorkelling. Belize is good, too. We did Goff's Caye and loved it too. You can't go wrong with either place..

Archived