Leaving from Red Hook-questions

diablob

I am leaving next week and just had a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there is anything around the pier, shops etc, we can go into before the cruise. Are their any stores to buy pop etc? We are arriving pretty early, because of our flights.

In addition, how early can you check in and wait in the elite lounge?

I am leaving next week and just had a couple of questions. Does anyone know if there is anything around the pier, shops etc, we can go into before the cruise. Are their any stores to buy pop etc? We are arriving pretty early, because of our flights.

I saw no stores in the area. We arrived from a northern suburb of the city using a car service. If you are taking a cab/car service from the airport, why not ask them to stop somewhere?

As for the elite lounge, we weren't eligible. Check-in went very smoothly. After processing your papers, they gave you a number. Each numbered group probably had about 30 people in it. They called one number at a time and you went through and onto the ship. The only thing that slowed it down was the tides. There were two boarding ramps, but they had too close one when the tides got too high. They opened it later. It probably took us 45 minutes from arrival at the pier to walking into our cabins. We had gotten to the pier at about 12:30.

There is nothing directly in or around the terminal, but you can ask your driver (if you are taking a car service to stop for soda etc.) I know their is a Fairway Market in the area. Just google Atlantic Ave, Red Hook Brooklyn for more info.

Their is a separate waiting area for Platinum and above, but it is really just chairs and a bathroom.

Have a great time, we are on the sailing right after you.

There are small corner stores by the walk in entrance(which is at Conover and Pioneer street) at Pioneer and Van Brunt street. These in NY are called Bodegas and are convenience stores(like 7-11) with similar prices. Fairway is at the southern end of Van Brunt about 3/4 of a mile from the terminal...see http://www.fairwaymarket.com the Red hook store. As others suggest you can get cases of soda at local supermakets(key food is at Atlantic and Clinton Street) and most chain drug stores also sell 12 packs reasonably sometimes. There are a number of these on Court street. Tell me from which airport you are flying in and I'll give you specific directions for which ever way you are driving(cab or limo). There is a real suburb style supermarket with a Parking at Hamilton and 12th street(Pathmark http://www.pathmark.com the zip code is 11231--- about a mile from the pier.

Sid - welcome back. How was your cruise?

It was great! I had a blast and our grandson was the hit of the cruise...with the crew especially. I wrote a review with too many misspellings well they really aren't misspellings but more like malaprops . Its on the NCL threads.

Archived