Charleston sets terminal upgrades

jleq

Very good news. With Fantasy coming in they really need to upgrade the area around the cruise port.

Anyone planning on taking this cruise should stay over in Charleston either before or after the cruise. It's a great place to visit!

IT will be nice, if they connect the battery area to the east with the Aquarium wharf area to the west with a walk through area at the terminal, like they are talking about.

If they do, you will have the historic battery and it's views (Fort Sumter, Rainbow Row) a 5-10 minute walk east, the aquarium a 5 minute walk west and the market area (restaurants and shops) a 2 minute walk to the south of the terminal.

I have to get off my duff and book a cruise for September from Charleston. (home :D )

Bill

Very good news. With Fantasy coming in they really need to upgrade the area around the cruise port.

Anyone planning on taking this cruise should stay over in Charleston either before or after the cruise. It's a great place to visit!

I just realized that you are from Columbia, SC. I have a friend I helped move over there about 4 years ago. His daughter is an instructor at the State University. When he got married last year, he put his house on the market through a realty agent. Well the realty agent was a scam artist.

But realty agent picked the wrong people as my friend is a retired Special Forces Vietnam vet with an EOD background plus 15 years Nuclear Security background. His wife is a retired postal worker. Basically two people you dont want to piss off and both whom has all the time in the world to hunt you down. The realty agent now serving a nice jail sentence.

I have been trying to talk him and his wife to take a cruise but so far no luck.

Dave

Planning on taking the Fantasy July 17.

Anyone with an idea of a good hotel near the Port and , since we will arrive the day before, any suggestion for an activity to do with a 7 yo ?

Thank you

I am also looking at a sept cruise.I have a feeling that with the port upgrades ,and if the ship sails full, Charleston will be getting a bigger(faster)ship that may expand the itinerary choices,Fantasy class ships are great,but the Bahamas is about all they can do in the time frame.

I am also looking at a sept cruise.I have a feeling that with the port upgrades ,and if the ship sails full, Charleston will be getting a bigger(faster)ship that may expand the itinerary choices,Fantasy class ships are great,but the Bahamas is about all they can do in the time frame.

We know they can do more than the Bahamas from Charleston. NCL Majesty ship is about 1/2 the size and did Key West, Cozumel run.

will take one out of charleston since it is only 4 hrs from home, just hope they expand where all they go to.

Me too.

Also hope they would expand where they go.

Have two kids that live there so we will have a place to park the car.:)

We lived there for ten years and I still love to go there to the flea market and battery, never get tired of it. Also have friends there so we are all set. Can't wait.

i worked there for a year in the 70s, went fishing almost every evening after work. stayed some weekend and went sight seeing if family was down that week. loved seeing all the stuff in charleston, very nice place. rode motorcycle to rally there a few years back before they canceled it. cant wait to book and stay a few extra days.

Archived