Questions regarding upsells

We are getting ready to book the Jade for the July 25, 2010 sailing from Barcelona. We are planning on booking an AF category (aft balcony - which I've read a lot about).

I have two questions for those of you who've done this a few times.

1. Is this category likely to get one of those "upsell" calls closer to sailing?

2. Does it matter whether I book directly with NCL or go with an online company? Is one more likely than the other to get a call?

Right now I can save about $500 going with an online company but since I've never worked with them - that makes me a little nervous.

I'd love to hear any thoughts on this.

First off your chances are pretty slim on a longer cruise unless they call to offed owner suite. Yes it can happen from an aft cabin as it has for us. You can use an online ta just make sure they have your cell phone number.

Beware of using outside TA and look/ask about their cancellation policy.

Two thoughts. First, some TA's are too lazy to forward on upsell opportunities to their clients. Second, don't wait for a call, call in yourself about three weeks before sailing and ask for an upsell. Much easier doing this yourself than relying on a TA to do it. Book direct and stay in control of your vacation.

Peter

Two thoughts. First, some TA's are too lazy to forward on upsell opportunities to their clients. Second, don't wait for a call, call in yourself about three weeks before sailing and ask for an upsell. Much easier doing this yourself than relying on a TA to do it. Book direct and stay in control of your vacation.

Peter

Hmm...good advice, however, I thought if you booked with a TA that they would not talk with you directly and that you had to get your TA to call them. I could be wrong, but that is what I've read here several times.

My first 3 cruises were in AF Mini Suite on the Dawn, and I had booked through a TA.

My 4th cruise was for an AF Mini Suite on the Pearl, and I booked directly with NCL.

All 4 cabins that were booked, the location was to be mid-ship on the Starboard side.

I got the upsell phone call for my Pearl (4th one) cruise. Just make sure whoever you book with has your cell phone number. That is the number that they called me on and it came up as a private number on the Caller ID for my cell.

Archived