Pics of Belize City & Lamanai

rslex

Thanks so much for the great pictures.

I can't wait to show them to DH tonight. He is very excited about this tour. Although after looking at your videos, I don't think there's a snowballs chance in h-e double hockey sticks that I'll be climbing to the top!!

Was your tour booked through your ship or privately?

We booked though the ship. The excursion is so far away and travel is on bus and boat, we just didn't want to take any chances of not getting back in time. (One of the river boats in front of us did have engine trouble about half way up the river, so there is the possibility of of problems.)

Thanks so much for the great pictures.

I can't wait to show them to DH tonight. He is very excited about this tour. Although after looking at your videos, I don't think there's a snowballs chance in h-e double hockey sticks that I'll be climbing to the top!!

Well, if he is physically able, I'm sure his machismo will kick in when he sees all these kids and women climbing it.;)

I admit, it is a strenuous climb and our leg muscles were pretty sore for a couple of days thereafter. But I was glad I did it! You will be too. It's quite an experience.

We booked though the ship. The excursion is so far away and travel is on bus and boat, we just didn't want to take any chances of not getting back in time. (One of the river boats in front of us did have engine trouble about half way up the river, so there is the possibility of of problems.)

Thank for sharing your photo's. I was looking to book this as well. How much walking is there to get to the ruins from the river boat on the ship excursion? Do they provide lunch? We are on the Equinox and decided to book with Celebrity on this port since all the reviews say private tours may get you back just in time because of the distance. We usually book private but feel safer with the cruise tour which will ensure we are back in time.

Thanks

Sue

Thank for sharing your photo's. I was looking to book this as well. How much walking is there to get to the ruins from the river boat on the ship excursion? Do they provide lunch? We are on the Equinox and decided to book with Celebrity on this port since all the reviews say private tours may get you back just in time because of the distance. We usually book private but feel safer with the cruise tour which will ensure we are back in time.

Thanks

Sue

There is a bit of walking involved, but not extensive.

Round trip from the Welcome station, to the ruins, and back was probably less than a mile. I have a problem with my feet, but was able to make it OK.

Our particular tour through NCL provided lunch at the Welcome Center. You have to check with your cruise line.

There is a bit of walking involved, but not extensive.

Round trip from the Welcome station, to the ruins, and back was probably less than a mile. I have a problem with my feet, but was able to make it OK.

Our particular tour through NCL provided lunch at the Welcome Center. You have to check with your cruise line.

Thank you...I guess Celebrity has lunch too since it is such a long day. It is between this and the manatee watch. Such choices!!!

Thanks

Sue

Thank you...I guess Celebrity has lunch too since it is such a long day. It is between this and the manatee watch. Such choices!!!

Thanks

Sue

This is MUCH more exciting than manatees. Manatees are weird looking, but BORING! The howler monkey's were awesome!

Archived