Children on MSC

HARRIST3C1

Hello,

We are booked on the Splendida Dec 8-19 out of Genoa and we are bringing our 8 and 9 year old sons. Can anybody give me any info on services for children. Can we leave them on board to do excursions. We will be celebrating our Anniversary while on the cruise and would like to do something alone.

Thank you

We did northern Europe on Lirica in August with our 4 year old. One selling point to me was the option of leaving her in kids club while we were ashore. I wasn't sure I wanted to do this but was happy to have the option if she got "museumed out" in Amsterdam or St Petersburg. Unfortunately this option is only available if you use a ships's tour. Since we did everything independently is was not acually available to us. We embarked in Dover and so had a very large percentage of English speaking passengers. This may not be the case on your cruise. All members of the kids club staff spoke English but one pretended not to if a parent was unhappy or had questions. They brought the kids down to the shows each evening and then dancing in the disco most nights. My DD loves these things so she was very happy. Not sure if it will be as appealing to 8 and 9 year old boys, though. My dd had a great time but the dinners got long after a few nights. There is no casual alternative but about half way through the cruise kids club started hosting dinner "parties". I'm not sure if this is standard, though, or was done in response to a group of children who were particularly disruptive in the dining room. Any more questions - just ask and I'll try to help. Enjoy your cruise.

I think it's only fair that children can only remain onboard in childrens club if their parents are on an organised excursion. After all, if an excursion is delayed coming back to the ship, the ship will be notified and they will stay in port until the excursion gets back. If Mum and Dad have done their own thing and get delayed coming back - bye bye ship.... and children!!

Archived