Sovereign of the Seas

mfdds

Just returned from the New Years cruise.

We were very worried about going on the cruise,because of all the negative reviews since coming out of drydock.

I have to say almost all of the problems have been corrected.

We had plenty of hot water, the toilets worked fine, the crew was very friendly and efficient, and the sewer smell was gone except for the photographers area.

The food was excellent except for the breakfasts. They couldn't get the cooked foods cooked properly(french toast,and pancakes)

The entertainment was first rate, not only the main shows but also in the lounges. Beleros was a lot of fun, especially the dueling pianos.

New years eve was spectacular. The captain stopped the ship, to reduce the wind, off the coast of Nassau. There had to be about a thousand people on the pool deck, drinking all the free champagne they wanted, dancing to a live band, and watching a spectacular fire works show from the Atlantis Hotel,at the stroke of midnight.

This was the first cruise we have taken that was less than seven days. We had heard that the short cruises were not as well done as the longer cruises. This is not the case. Everything was done first rate. We probably had more fun on this cruise than we have had on any other one.

The cruise was so good that we booked a New Years cruise on the Enchantment for next year.

Just returned from the New Years cruise.

We were very worried about going on the cruise,because of all the negative reviews since coming out of drydock.

I have to say almost all of the problems have been corrected.

We had plenty of hot water, the toilets worked fine, the crew was very friendly and efficient, and the sewer smell was gone except for the photographers area.

The food was excellent except for the breakfasts. They couldn't get the cooked foods cooked properly(french toast,and pancakes)

The entertainment was first rate, not only the main shows but also in the lounges. Beleros was a lot of fun, especially the dueling pianos.

New years eve was spectacular. The captain stopped the ship, to reduce the wind, off the coast of Nassau. There had to be about a thousand people on the pool deck, drinking all the free champagne they wanted, dancing to a live band, and watching a spectacular fire works show from the Atlantis Hotel,at the stroke of midnight.

This was the first cruise we have taken that was less than seven days. We had heard that the short cruises were not as well done as the longer cruises. This is not the case. Everything was done first rate. We probably had more fun on this cruise than we have had on any other one.

The cruise was so good that we booked a New Years cruise on the Enchantment for next year.

Thanks for all the great info.

Would you remember the pool band name. Also was there a guitar player in one of the lounges ?

I was on the New Year's cruise also. The ship was in great shape with everything that I could see working fine.

We didn't make it to Coco Cay due to high winds and high seas. Instead, we went back to Nassau the evening of New Year's Day and stayed there until 1PM the next day.

The band that played at the pool each day was Caribbean Wave. They played mainly reggae, calypso, etc. The band at sail-away was Devilicious, a very good quartet that played various rock, blues, disco, etc. The guitar player that played the Viking Crown Lounge each night was Pete Wickersham.

I am about to book this ship for May, If anyone could answer a couple of ?s

Refrig in an Inside cabin?

Info on Coca Cay.. what facilities are there, I thought I had heard a couple of years ago that they did a BBQ beach party???

I sailed on Century a couple of years ago, paid xtra for pop & alchohol drinks, but most everything else was provided, food pretty much 24hrs, incl afternoon tea etc.

Thanks for help

• 2 weeks later...
I was on the New Year's cruise also. The ship was in great shape with everything that I could see working fine.

We didn't make it to Coco Cay due to high winds and high seas. Instead, we went back to Nassau the evening of New Year's Day and stayed there until 1PM the next day.

The band that played at the pool each day was Caribbean Wave. They played mainly reggae, calypso, etc. The band at sail-away was Devilicious, a very good quartet that played various rock, blues, disco, etc. The guitar player that played the Viking Crown Lounge each night was Pete Wickersham.

Thanks for all the Band info.

Do remember if the pool band played a Steel Drum ?

Archived