Jewel in February, St. Thomas to St. John ferry question...

jgoga

We will be arriving in St. Thomas at the ship docks and we really want to go to St. John but we want to rent a car once we get to St. John (cruz bay).

What's the best ferry to get to St. John? Can i get this ferry right from the ship docks? I was looking into this one http://www.varlack-ventures.com/vvfiles/4_ferry-schedules.htm have any of you good people used this ferry in the past? If not can you guys suggest me one that you have used and have had a great experience?

As for the cars, I am looking to get a large SUV since we have a 4 yr old. Can any of you guys suggest some good car rentals in St. John @ Cruz bay? Everytime i rent cars in the caribbean we get junk so i would like to do my homework and make sure we get a decent car.

Thank you,

John

Was there last year. You can take a ferry from the main terminal in Charlotte Amalie to St. Johns and that takes about 40 minutes. Or you can take a cab to Red Hook and take the ferry over from there--about 15 minutes. The ferries from Red Hook are more frequent than those from Charlotte Amalie. We did both last year--on a warm, sunny day I'd rather take the longer ferry ride. Can't answer anything about renting a car.

Archived