If your room number shows up 5 months in advance

2 Labs 2 Many

is it likely to change?

We booked an inside room, and I'm fine with that - really LOL! But I have hopes of having it upgraded.

The cruise isn't until May, and the room number has shown up on our invoices right from the start.

I should also mention that it was an interline rate (airline employee), so in my head, I know they probably gave us the dungeon, but part of me wants to hope that they want to encourage interline travelers so they may upgrade.

Did you book a guarantee or a specific cabin? For the number to be showing up on invoices from Carnival is weird if you booked a guarantee. Are you sure they did not place you in a specific cabin? With a guarantee, yes, it can change. You will get at the very minimum, the category you booked. Things seem to start taking place and getting firm after final payment is due... I would call whoever you booked through and make sure you have a guarantee... especially if you are looking for an upgrade. Also keep in mind that most upgrades are to a higher deck, same cabin category (Inside to Inside, Oceanview to Oceanview)... so try not to get too high of hopes... hopefully it will all work out and you will get a great cabin!!!! Good luck!

The same thing happened with us on Celebrity for Sep Alaska inside cabin guarantee booked about 6wks out. I went on line the next day and we already had a room number without an upgrade. I wondered whether Vac to Go had already reserved some inside rooms and had given me one of them rather than leave as guarantee? In Feb on Pride, we booked Mex Riv only 3 weeks out and got no cabin number until we got to dock. We received upgrade to outside obstructed view balcony door with no real view blockage. It was great. So I get suspicious when I get a room number right away. But sometimes they do change room #'s.

On our cruise in 2002, AAA screwed up our booking and deposit with HAL and when I got to looking at excursions a month or so later, I discovered we had no booking with HAL, even though we had paid our deposit and had receipt from AAA. After lots of shouting and back and forth with blame, we finally got the same level cabin on same cruise but not as desirable of a location. Later on, HAL called to see if we would cancel and rebook with a partial refund and upgrade, but we were already locked in to air, hotels, vacation time. When we got to ship, we found we had been put back in our original cabin request but did not know until then. I guess other people had rebooked. So cabin #'s can change.

Archived