If I was going on a land vacations, I would...

p7eggyc

I came over to check out all the good scoop that CC members had to offer about Cozumel. Pretty close to declaring a vacation on Coz for February and was interested to know how some of you might answer the question "If you were on Coz for a land vacation, what would you do that isn't possible as a cruise visitor?" I know many of you have probably done both types of visits.

I am so far pretty interested in a day on the east coast, considering a day at Nachi Cocum and a visit to Chankanaab. I would love to hear other thoughts and suggestions. We will be renting a car.

Also, I noted that there were no ships in port on Sundays and I was wondering if anyone knew if the shops and things in the downtown area would even be open that day.

Thanks!

Peggy

I came over to check out all the good scoop that CC members had to offer about Cozumel. Pretty close to declaring a vacation on Coz for February and was interested to know how some of you might answer the question "If you were on Coz for a land vacation, what would you do that isn't possible as a cruise visitor?" I know many of you have probably done both types of visits.

I am so far pretty interested in a day on the east coast, considering a day at Nachi Cocum and a visit to Chankanaab. I would love to hear other thoughts and suggestions. We will be renting a car.

You might spend some time at Parque Punta Sur well worth the small fee and for Cozumel a lot of different things you will not see at any other spot on the island.

Also a full day trip to the mainland to Chichen Itza is well worth the effort. Be ready for a long day but a great time with tons of history and beautiful, large ruins.

If your not a certified diver I would highly recommend trying a discover scuba dive or two. You will be in a world class place to try it.

Sometimes in the evening we like to go downtown by the cruise ships and watch the drunks stumble, crawl or sometimes being dragged back to the ship by their buddies. Cozumel seems to be a place where people seem to try and drink their body weight in liquor then see if they can miss their ship, makes for some funny sidewalk viewing.

Also, I noted that there were no ships in port on Sundays and I was wondering if anyone knew if the shops and things in the downtown area would even be open that day. Thanks! Peggy

On Sunday evenings it is quiet on the island and we often go downtown to the square and listen to the local bands or watch the dancers. Both can be very good and entertaining to watch. The shops / restaurants will also be open Sunday ship or no ship.

Look in to staying in Playa Del Carmen and taking the ferry to Cozumel when you want to go there. We stayed in PLaya this summer and loved it and took the ferry back and forth.

I agree if you are not a diver Cozumel can be very quiet with little to do except snorkel or relax after a few days of driving the island. The mainland offers many more options without the ferry rides.

Archived