Zipline-PV

Chesie

Our first MR cruise. I've been searching for the best zipline company in PV as that seems to be the best port to do it. So far came up with Los Veranos and Vallarta Adventures.

Are there any other companies anyone would recommend or are these the top two? Also, while we look forward to the zipline, I'm alittle hesitant with the rapelling and possible bridges:eek: Are there any canopy tours of just ziplinging?

Also, how far in advance should we book? We are 6 months away but I like to get things in order early.

Many thanks for everyone's advise!!

I'm alittle hesitant with the rapelling and possible bridges:eek: Are there any canopy tours of just ziplinging?

We booked (online, not through Carnival) the zip line “canopy tour” with Los Veranos (you can find them online). This was the highlight of our trip. It was exhilarating and so much fun! We would do it again in a minute. The entire crew there was delightful and made the day a blast. There was no rappelling or bridges, however they have a lovely river for swimming or just cooling off afterward. As a “bonus” you get a bus ride for about 45 minutes from town into the “jungle” and that was great too. On the way back we asked to be dropped off in town, and visited Our Lady of Guadalupe Church, several small art shops and enjoyed a meal on the water at the Malecon (boardwalk). We booked 6 weeks before and as I mentioned did so via their website.

tea4ular - Thanks for the info! That makes me very happy no bridges or rapelling:D It was hard finding a company that didn't have one or both of these. I'll check out the website!

maxamuns - I had the same concern with getting back and forth from the dock. We too are on the Sapphire but the 5/1/10 cruise which we just booked this past week. Our 2nd Princess cruise.

Thanks!

Another vote for Los Veranos. Just catch a taxi from port to their office $6pp and a 15 minute ride eazy peezy.

This was so much fun and as stated by the previous poster the crew there is a riot. They are encouraging, caring, funny and very nice. I wanted to bring a couple of the guys home with me. There's a fair amount of walking uphill at the beginning, I'm pretty out of shape and other than heavy breathing was fine.

At the end they will drop you off in town, at the pier or anyplace in between.

Hi,

I have been on 6 ziplines in several countries. 2 in PV, and I would take Rio Cuale over Los Veranos as I have been on both. With Rio Cuale there are no ladders or cables to walk across. What you do get is high 800+ feet over the river and long over 1/4 mile long runs. With a total of 14 lines. Go to u tube and look for videos. At Rio Cuale you will not find it over crowed as they do not deal with the ships for bookings. When I was there afew weeks back there was only 6 people in our group, made for a great time. You start out high in the mountains and zip back and forth from ridge to ridge over the river until you reach the river floor. Once at the bottom you are treated with waiting donkeys for the step trip back up to the top where a resturant with COLD drinks await you. Have fun, we always do....:)

Hiya,

does anyone know if I could wear a baseball cap under the helmet?:confused:

thanks!

hayley

The helmets at Los Veranos would have room for a baseball cap underneath, they were pretty loose.

Just got back from the MR Cruise last week. Another vote for Los Veranos- the crew was hysterical and we had the best time (and i am afraid of heights). Amazing experience!!

You did awesome!

Thanks for the review. We too are looking at Los Veranos for zip-lining. Was it much of a pain to get a taxi to their office? That part is the only part that has caused me not to book yet. Wish they offered a pier pick-up.

I had printed up their address and we walked off the ship to the main road (where the taxis are), showed the driver the address, he smiled a huge smile (:D) and said, "Ahhh, zip line, no?" quoted us $3 each (there were 3 of us), and off we went. It was about 20 minutes to the Los Veranos office. Coming back the Los Veranos bus will either drop you off back at the ship or in town, your choice. We chose town, and grabbed a cab back (again $3 each). Really smooth and easy.

Hi,

I have been on 6 ziplines in several countries. 2 in PV, and I would take Rio Cuale over Los Veranos as I have been on both. With Rio Cuale there are no ladders or cables to walk across. What you do get is high 800+ feet over the river and long over 1/4 mile long runs. With a total of 14 lines.

Los Veranos does not book with the cruise lines either, and while your Rio Cuale sounds great, I will share that Los Veranos has 17 lines, with the highest at 700 meters (nearly 2300 feet high) and 700 meters long (that's nearly 1/2 a mile long). Los Veranos. Hands down. We had no wires or bridges either.

we did los veranos in april , and agree with others that it was great as were the crew:)

a bit of uphill walking , a bit of huffing and puffing , but fully do-able for most;)

a taxi over to collage disco where the included shuttle bus picked us up and drove us out to the zipline location (half hour or little more to get there, then dropped us off at the pier when done:cool:

next april , i am thinking maybe the outdoor adventure is in order...just a tiny bit leary about the repel down the waterfall, but we only live once, so.....:D

dave

Here's a question for you zipline veterans...

Do you think a woman who is 4 months pregnant could do the zipline tour?

This particular woman normally weighs an athletic 100lbs and won't have much of a bump showing (i know this from previous experience)

hello , i dont know much , but i dont think it would be recommended:(....at least i would not want to chance it with my pregnant wife;)

dave

Here's a question for you zipline veterans...

Do you think a woman who is 4 months pregnant could do the zipline tour?

This particular woman normally weighs an athletic 100lbs and won't have much of a bump showing (i know this from previous experience)

You left out the important information...is she normally athletically inclined? Does she go to the gym, swim, jog, play tennis? If she is usually doing active sports (and is continuing them during her pregnancy) then I would see no reason why not other than the fact that it is a lot of climbing, and at 4 months pregnant the only climbing I wanted to do was into bed.

she would go to the gym 4 times a week and run 3-4 miles each time. She's in great shape and still does some walking now at just over a month pregnant.

Much could change between now and her 4th month, but I would say it would be fine. Really. Did you all check you tube for various videos showing zip lining? It is a great way to determine if it's something to do/not do. I was very active up until my 8th month, and now that I've zipped I'd say I would probably do it, but would have wished for escalators or elevators to each zip station! ;)

Is this a first pregnancy? I think people tend to be more cautious during their first, simply due to lack of having a frame of reference point.

Archived