Do not book horseback riding with Coral Stone Stables

shleynic

I wanted to warn those of you who might be looking for a place to book horseback riding in Grand Cayman. My husband and I are not first time cruisers nor was this our first time in Grand Cayman. We typically book our excursions independently as opposed to with the cruise line. We are aware of the risks of doing this however, I'm hoping to save other cruisers inconvenience in the future.

We booked a horseback riding excursion with Coral Stone Stables in Grand Cayman via email a few weeks prior to our cruise. We received specific instructions from Coral Stone telling us price, and where/what time to meet them on the island. However, when we arrived at the designated meeting spot there was nobody from Coral Stone to meet us. We waited for approx. 45 min. before giving up. Luckily, the excursion was not yet paid for so at least we were not out the money.

I half way expected to have received an email with explanation from Coral Stone upon arrival home from the cruise, but nothing. I contacted them to receive this response: "I do apologise for not showing up on the 10/15/2009. I had a family emergency, where I had to drive my wife and daughter to the hospital that morning. During that time the appointment was over sighted and missed.

Again I do apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused you!"

I understand that emergencies will arise and must be delt with. However, if your are running a business would it not make sense to have a back up plan or at least a plan in place to get a message to customers if your are unable to provide the service promised. Very unprofessional and not acceptable.

• 1 month later...

I agree with OP. Very unprofessional. I can't imagine that runny a stable is a one man show. The man should have at least sent an employee to cancel with you in person. Thank you for the warning. I am stopping in Grand Cayman in Jan '11. I will keep your post in mind when searching for an excursion!

I agree with OP. Very unprofessional. I can't imagine that runny a stable is a one man show. The man should have at least sent an employee to cancel with you in person. Thank you for the warning. I am stopping in Grand Cayman in Jan '11. I will keep your post in mind when searching for an excursion!

Yeah, I can't believe he would not have someone let you know. Not good.

By the way ONCJ Cruiser, I guess I was unable to persuade you to try Royal Caribbean for your next cruise. I'm just recently back from the Freedom Of The Seas and it was awesome! Still, I checked out the itinerary for the Crown in '11, and it looks good, with some ports I've not been to!

Archived