Trip Report From the Glory Oct 10th-17th Lots of Pictures to Come

TeknikDC2

We were now done with Atlantis so we went back up front to wait for the driver to bring the Van around. As I said before Atlantis is very nice and easily the highlight of Nassau. I think the only reason I would ever have a desire to visit Nassau again would be specifically to stay at Atlantis. At Atlantis you feel like your in a completly different place then the rest of Nassau. But this isn't just the case for Atlantis but I belive for most of Paradise Island as well. This Island is catered specifically to Tourism it seems so naturally is much better upkept then the rest of Nassau. Atlantis is a Do Not Miss in my opinion if your going to Nassau.

Day5Nassau106.jpg

Day5Nassau107.jpg

Day5Nassau108.jpg

We were soon back in the van and on our way back to the cruise terminal since our tour had finished. We were very happy we decided to do this tour because we were able to see much of the island of Nassau and there culture. Much more things then if we spent our whole time at Atlantis like we originally planned. If your into history and culture I recommend one of these tours for you. This guy we went with was very knowladgable and very nice. We had a great time with him.

Day5Nassau112.jpg

Day5Nassau113.jpg

True to what he said the tour took just over 2 hours to do. So it was about 11:30 and we still had 2 hours tell we needed to be back on the ship. So we decided to wonder around the straw market area and look at the little shops and what they had to offer. Another word of advice I will give you is if your into buying the bargin knock off brand stuff like purses, sunglasses, ect.... then Nassau was the best place for it. There prices were similar to St. Thomas and St. Maarten and they had a much better selection of items. So keep that in mind. Especially when you find there large flee market under the big tent.

Day5Nassau116.jpg

Day5Nassau117.jpg

Day5Nassau120.jpg

Day5Nassau124.jpg

Just outside the flee market tent is the water. Because the storms had cleared up now we got our first close up glance at how pretty the waters of the caribbean are. It is so gorgous. Easily the prettiest waters i've ever seen. We also happened to find Senior Frogs. I thought they only had these things in Mexico. We didn't eat there but I loved the sign showing they have drinking heights and not drinking ages here.

Day5Nassau121.jpg

Day5Nassau123.jpg

Day5Nassau125.jpg

Day5Nassau126.jpg

Day5Nassau128.jpg

After looking around the shops we still had about an hour tell we needed to be back on the ship. However we were tired and hungry so we started heading back. I stoped in a little shop to grab some postcards (our personal suvioneer of everywere we go) and then headed back to board the ship.

Day5Nassau130.jpg

Day5Nassau131.jpg

Day5Nassau132.jpg

The Bahamas was nice but it was our least favorite Port of Call of the trip. As I said before Atlantis is the highlight of the Island and a must see if you ever go there. However I don't have a desire to visit Nassau again unless we are actually staying at Atlantis. Its got its pretty parts but unless your outside the tourist areas its really run down and dirty.

Once we were back on the ship we grabbed some lunch and then went and changed into our swimming suits to go lay out by the pool. One nice thing about laying out while still in Port was there were plenty of chairs avalible so we were able to find a pretty good spot next to the pool.

Day5Nassau147.jpg

Day5Nassau150.jpg

I'm not one who likes to layout in the sun. I can do it for maybe 45 minutes to an hour. But after that i'm done. So when the announcement came over the intercom saying we would soon be pulling out of the port I decided to to the back of the ship and take some picutres of us leaving. Especially since due to our dinner time this would be the only debarkation I would be able to watch.

Day5Nassau151.jpg

Day5Nassau152.jpg

Day5Nassau153.jpg

Day5Nassau155.jpg

Day5Nassau171.jpg

Day5Nassau174.jpg

Day5Nassau176.jpg

Day5Nassau179.jpg

Day5Nassau181.jpg

We were now back on the open sea so I decided to go back and join Kiera and Tyler and Rachael in laying out in the sun. Once I got there they told me I just missed out. I guess while I was gone they got chosen to be a part of a scavenger hunt. So since I had the camera with me there are unfortunatly no pictures of this.

Dinner would be coming soon and since tonight would be our first Formal night we went back to the rooms so we could shower and get cleaned up for the evening. While waiting for Kiera to finish getting ready we saw that her dance from the welcome aboard show was on the TV. A segment that would replay around the clock the entire cruise lol. I don't know if there was a time we turned on the TV and she wasn't on it lol.

Day5Nassau184.jpg

After getting ready we meet up with Tyler and Rachael and headed down to dinner. I can't remember what I had but man was it good. Tonight was also the first night we saw the wait staff sing to us. The girls really seemed to enjoy this.

Day5Nassau185-1.jpg

Day5Nassau186-1.jpg

Day5Nassau189.jpg

We arn't ones who like to stay dressed up all night. Kiera hates wearind dresses and skirts and I hate being in a tie and having my shirt tucked in. So after dinner we went back to our rooms to change. But not without Rachael wanting to take some pictures of us in our nice clothes. Rachael is a professional wedding photographer so she had the idea of me doing a dip kiss with Kiera. I obviously didn't know how to do one and dropped her the first time lol. But eventually I got it right.

Day5Nassau190.jpg

Day5Nassau191.jpg

Day5Nassau193.jpg

Our room had already been turned down for the night and this was our Towel animal of the day.

Day5Nassau194.jpg

That night we went to the show on the main stage and then stopped to watch the breakdancer guys in the main lobby. I can't remember what there names were but they were pretty good. One is a popper and the other a spinner. These guys would turn up all over the ship all week long and never dissapointed. They were really good at what they do. After we went out on the side decks to watch the ocean for a little. We also thought we could get back inside at the back of the boat from this deck. Nope we were wrong. The only doors are into the main lobby.

Day5Nassau195.jpg

Day5Nassau196.jpg

Day5Nassau198.jpg

Day5Nassau201.jpg

Day5Nassau202.jpg

This was also the first night of the Carnival Comedy Club. The Glory was the trial ship for this program which they have since started on the Carnival Dream as well and I hope they roll it out to all of there ships. The comedians were our favorite shows on our last cruise on the Pride so we were really excited about the comedy club and being able to see it every night. We got tickets to the 10:45pm R rated shows each night. They were all pretty good (except one) but this first night's comedian was my favorite of the 4.

Day5Nassau204.jpg

Day5Nassau206.jpg

Day5Nassau207.jpg

After the comedy club we found the Arcade to goof around in for a little while. I wanted to play some games but I didn't want to pay for how much they were. Tyler and Rachael then demonstarted to us how a real dip kiss was done. Rachael then tried it to Tyler and it didn't work out as well lol.

Day5Nassau208.jpg

Day5Nassau210.jpg

Day5Nassau212.jpg

Day5Nassau214.jpg

After the arcade we then made a stop by the lido deck so I could grab some Pizza before going to bed. I love there pizza so much and it just might be the thing I miss most lol. After the Pizza we went back to our rooms to retire for the night. I think we watched a movie this night before going to bed though. Ether way we didn't mind staying up late because tomorrow we would finally be able to sleep in since it would be our first full day at sea.

Awesome review so far. Can't wait for the rest. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to get to Atlantis Resort's beach/ pools while being on the cruise to Bahamas in November on Dream on 11/23/09. I was thinking of going to Atlantis while at the Port Of Call in Nassau. We are there from 12pm to 10 pm. Can anyone suggest not something not expensive ways to be on Atlantis beach. I have 2 kids (13 and 4). The shore excursion to Atlantis is way too expensive for me. I would appreciate any help. Thanks.

Ok heres my next update. Keep the replys and questions coming. Sorry this one is short. But there wasn't a whole lot to tell about.

Day 6: First Full Day at Sea

I don't know if its just me but sea days can be boring. Maybe its because I hate laying out in the sun for long periods of time when everyone else liked it. I don't know. These days just always seem to drag to me though. And because of that they tend to be the days I take the least amount of photos. So unfortunatly this won't be a huge picture recap of Day 5.

Finally our first Full day at sea came. We could FINALLY sleep in. I mean arn't you suppose to sleep in and relax and do nothing on vacations? I guess thats what they make sea days for. Today we slept in tell around 11ish. and man did it feel good. Tyler and Rachael also slept in so once we meet up we hurried up to Lido to catch breakfast before they put it all away. After breakfast we went back to the rooms where we would change into our swimming suits to go catch some sun.

We ended up finding some chairs along the side of the ship. Not ideally where we wanted to be but the pool area was so packed that you could barely move. I guess everyone on the ship likes laying out on sea days. As I said before I hate laying out in the sun. I can do it for like 45 minutes but thats it. However I hoped that with my ipod I would be able to fall asleep and be fine. Those plans went down hill though when My Ipod decided to take a dump on me. I knew it had been having battery problems for awhile (the thing is 4 years old) but once we were on the ship the battery lasted for about a whole 3 minutes before it was down for the count. So I tried to deal and fall asleep without it. Unfortunatlly it didn't work out to well.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea.jpg

I toughed it out for a while. But I couldn't take it any more. Plus I was getting hungry so I went back down to the Lido and grabbed me a burger and frys to keep me occupied for a while. It wasn't too long afterwards that everyone else was finally getting tired of laying out as well so we decided to go swimming and try out the waterslide. The waterslide is alot of fun. It seems like the girls and some other people were going down it way slow though. I kept pretty good speed down it but Tyler flew down. He said to get the best speed arch your back so your gliding down on your shoulderblades and ankles. Unfortunatly I never had a chance to try this out. But one word of advice. Try to keep you mouth closed. I didn't realize the waterslide and pools used salt water lol. I felt like I wanted to throw up after the slide from getting a mouth full.

After the slide we swam around the pool for a little and then spent some time in the hot tubs relaxing. It felt so good. Kiera was then getting hungry so we went and got her some food and headed back to our room to change and get ready for the rest of the evening. While there I think we took a small nap and Kiera demonstrated that the big blue Carnival towels make really good blankets for naps.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea1.jpg

We meet back up with Tyler and Rachael a little bit before dinner. I saw in the Caper that the Sushi Bar would be open that evening so I really wanted to grab some before dinner. I love Sushi and the ones that had out tonight were pretty good. No one else wanted to try some though so they just sat there and Tyler and I tried playing along to the sports trivia game going on across the walking area.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea3.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea4.jpg

After sushi we made our way to the Main Dining room for dinner. It was another excellent meal but once again I can't remember what I had this night. All I know was it was a starter, a ceaser saled, 2 main dishes, and desert lol. Pretty much the repeat of each night. We also made sure we stayed long enough again to catch the dinning room show.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea5.jpg

After dinner we had time to kill before half price bingo that evening. I don't know why but we didn't go back to our rooms after dinner. We went up to deck 10 instead where we watched the ocean as we glided thru it. Ok maybe we weren't gliding because the ship was extremely rocky this night. we watched the main pool down on Lido as the water was overflowing the sides we were rocking so bad. The kids in the pool at that time seemed to be having a blast though as they had there own personal wave pool.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea7.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea8.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea9.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea10.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea11.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea12.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea13.jpg

After relaxing on deck 10 we finally made our way back to our rooms to relax a little longer before bingo and to see what animal we got that evening.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea14.jpg

We made our way down to the Amber Palace for bingo. The caper said that the Half price Bingo would take place for a half hour before the show began that evening. I figured that would be a pretty good deal then cause we'd probably get 2 maybe 3 games in. So I bought 2 3 game cards to up my chances. I was wrong. Bingo didn't start anywhere near the time it was suppose to. Infact it started 20 minutes late so we only played 1 game. This really irritated me cause it then dawned on me the exact same thing happened on our cruise on the Pride last year.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea17.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea19.jpg

So heres my Bingo advice for you. Don't play the half price bingo. If you wanna play wait and watch your capers for when the do 5-10 game bingos. Your chances are much better buying 1 card at full price and playing lots of games then it is for buying 2 cards at half price and only playing 1 game. I will be doing this for sure on our next cruise.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea22.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea24.jpg

The main show that evening didn't sound interesting to us. So we went and grabbed some ice cream and then went to wait in line for the Comedy Club to open for our show so we could get some good seats. The Comedian was funny this evening. However he was very preverted and talked about that type of stuff too much. Yeah I know its the R rated show. And i'm fine with the vulgarity and maybe a few jokes that are sex related. But when your whole act is based around Preverted jokes it just gets tired fast and isn't funny. This night we also decided to order some Virgin Dacariis. They taisted great. I'm happy we got one. Even if we didn't have our $200 credit from hotwire. We were pretty shocked to see though that they charge a 15% percent gretuity on these drinks. I mean it was like .70 cents. That didn't bother me. It just made me thankful I don't drink Alcohol like eveyone else on the ship who pays that gretuity for each drink.

Day6FirstFullDayatSea25.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea26.jpg

Day6FirstFullDayatSea28.jpg

Even though we slept in we decided to call it an early night after the comedy club and hitting up the midnight pizza/ice cream/grill. We would be in St. Thomas the next morning and we wanted to get up and get a nice breakfast in the Main Dinning room before heading out for the day.

Sounds good.. What time did the comedy show begin, and for how long is it??

We went to the R Rated 10:45 show every night. They did the comedy on 4 nights out of the cruise. 2 early shows were the PG shows and then they did 2 or 3 R rated shows late at night. Each show lasted around 45 minutes to an hour.

Archived