another help me please

myasmommy

We just found out my husbands grandfather passed away this morning, they tried to make the arrangements as early as they can, the earliest they can do this is, lay him out on Sunday, and bury him on Monday. We are scheduled to leave on the Dawn to bermuda on Sunday, now my husband wants to go to the viewing on Sunday morning. The itenary says the ship leaves at 4:00 so it means that we have to be on by 2:00 we live in northern NJ right near the nj turnpike, if I have the car pick us up at 1:00 do you all think we will be ok to be there by 2:00. We can't get there any later then 2 is that correct.

Thanks for all your help

Dawn

We just found out my husbands grandfather passed away this morning, they tried to make the arrangements as early as they can, the earliest they can do this is, lay him out on Sunday, and bury him on Monday. We are scheduled to leave on the Dawn to bermuda on Sunday, now my husband wants to go to the viewing on Sunday morning. The itenary says the ship leaves at 4:00 so it means that we have to be on by 2:00 we live in northern NJ right near the nj turnpike, if I have the car pick us up at 1:00 do you all think we will be ok to be there by 2:00. We can't get there any later then 2 is that correct.

Thanks for all your help

Dawn

If you are willing to put your e-mail address on here, many frequent cruisers know how to contact the ship--and may be able to help you.

Thanks for all your help

Dawn

So very sorry for your lose. Hard to be happy about going on a cruise when you are feeling sad but hopefully the cruise will lift your spirits once you are both on your way. I am sure you can work this out with NCL. Maybe even have your car pick you up at 12:30 ....just to be on the safe side.

Have a wonderful vacation and I hope you can put your mind at ease ASAP.

I saw people boarding the ship we sailed on out of Philly on 10/10 as much as a half hour before we sailed. I don't know what the circumstances are, but I think the advice others gave you to contact NCL is good.

My sympathies for your loss - and I hope it all works out and you are able to get there in time and have a great vacation.

I saw people boarding the ship we sailed on out of Philly on 10/10 as much as a half hour before we sailed. I don't know what the circumstances are, but I think the advice others gave you to contact NCL is good.

My sympathies for your loss - and I hope it all works out and you are able to get there in time and have a great vacation.

My sypathies as well.

As just pointed out the late arrivals do exist but we do not know the cicumstances.

If air had been booked through NCL and that flight was late then it is more of an NCL problem.

An individual passenger arriving late is a different story.

Contact NCL and let them know your circumstances, then ask what leeway you have.

So sorry for your loss, I know it must be very frustrating to even think of traveling with such a sad event taking place like this.

I think the only way that you can get a clear answer is to contact NCL. If you booked with a TA, then have then call the appropriate department. I can not see how they would not let you board a little late if you arrive after 2, but then , I don't make the rules.

BTW, it is possible that they could ask for verification from the funeral home. I'm not saying that the will definitely but they could.

I offer you my condolences and a suggestion. Ask your husband and the funeral home if they will agree to a private viewing early or the prior evening. Tell grandpa goodbye and take a memento of him along on your cruise. That lets grandpa be on the cruise with you in spirit, and allows you to relax and remember the good things that you experienced with him.

NCL advises that you be on board the ship two hours prior to departure time to ensure that you do not miss your cruise. NCL will pull the planks 1 hr. prior to departure, if you arrive after they've pulled the planks you will not be able to board.

That being said, If you arrive before they have pulled the planks and it is later than 2 hrs to sailing you will be allowed to board. Capice?

My condolences on your loss. I hope you can have a good trip with the sadness you must be feeling. On one of our cruises we had already pulled away from the port and someone showed up late and a small boat brought them out to meet us. I guess the notified the Captain and then the small boat caught up wth us and had a party of four that got on the ship. So the will let you on if you are late. So call NCL, keep there number to the ship and call them every step of the way if it looks like you are going to be later than expected.

NCL advises that you be on board the ship two hours prior to departure time to ensure that you do not miss your cruise. NCL will pull the planks 1 hr. prior to departure, if you arrive after they've pulled the planks you will not be able to board.

That being said, If you arrive before they have pulled the planks and it is later than 2 hrs to sailing you will be allowed to board. Capice?

I'm not so sure about that. Isn't there now a security requirement that all passengers must be checked in at least 60 or 90 minutes before the departure time? Does that apply if they check-in online or is it an exemption? I'd hate for myasmommy to think that they can arrive only a short time before departure only to find out that they must have been checked in earlier, so it's important that they contact the cruise line and find out exactly what the requirements are so there are no surprises or disappointments.

It's possible that those boarding so close to departure either had already checked in and then left the ship for a while (for whatever reason) or they had air and shuttle transport booked through the cruise line (and could check in "on the fly") or some other reason we don't know. I think it's best to get exact information from the cruise line. If the cruise documents say, "Passengers are required to be checked in no later than X minutes before departure," then there may be no waiving the time for individuals if it's a TSA (or related) regulation.

myasmommy:

My sympathies go out to you all. Please contact the cruise line to find out exactly what requirements there are, whether there is any "wiggle" room (if it's cruise line requirement versus government security requirement), and whether you can do most of your check-in online in advance.

beachchick

Archived