Stingray city tour

Tamiblonde

Is it neccessary to book a tour with someone beforehand or can we get off the ship and get a taxi to take us to Stingray city? We have a large group and I'm not sure who wants to do what yet. Do you need to have a boat ride to get there or can you get there from shore? thanks

No cab can take you there unless it is amphibious. If you are a marthon swimmer, you could swim there, but will take a while. I would think over 99.99% that go there, take a boat.

You can get tours on shore, but quality can vary from great to not so great and how large of a group are you talking about?

If you are trying to book a trip on your own, I would get as many as possible to commit now, reserve something, and there may or may not be room for stragglers.

The tenders will drop you off in the Georgetown area and Stingray City is North of Grand Cayman:

http://www.caribbean-on-line.com/cy/gcmap.shtml

Is it neccessary to book a tour with someone beforehand or can we get off the ship and get a taxi to take us to Stingray city? We have a large group and I'm not sure who wants to do what yet. Do you need to have a boat ride to get there or can you get there from shore? thanks

It's about a 15 minute boat ride from the marina, which is itself about 15 minutes from Georgetown, where the ships tenders dock.

I would highly recommend booking ahead of time. We had an absolutely blast with Nativeway Watersports (http://www.nativewaywatersports.com). THey're fun and very professional.

WHile you can get tours right at the dock, some horror stories have been posted here about the quality of those tours. It's hit or miss.

I'd book with Nativeway with a best guess number, then adjust it as you get closer to the actual date.

I just reserved with Native Ways, but I have some concerns. First, the time slot I booked is 10:00 am and the ship's arrival time is 9:00 am. Is this enough time to tender? I am traveling via The Carnival Valor and I know the first to tender are the people who booked excursions through the ship. Should I be worried that I will miss my excursion?

Archived