Caribbean Princess Dec 6-7 nts

robgvic

• 2 weeks later...

Hey!

We will be on this cruise either- Dec, 6th- Dec 20th. We are younger younger :-) couple from Germany. It`s our second cruise with Princess and we are really looking forward to it. Last year we have been on the Ruby and it was great. We met some really nice guys from the east cost and it was quite fun!

See you!

Hey

Great to hear there will be others on board. It is only 4 weeks till we leave for San Juan. The only tour we have booked is one in Dominica. Ihave been to all the ports but this is only the second cruise for my partner. I hope we get to meet on board. Where in Germany are you located?

Gary

Hi Manu

We booke Levi Baron Bumping tours in Dominica. He seems to come highly recommended and it looks like a good tour.

You must be doing the 14 day if you are going into St Lucia.

I lived for two years in Baden Baden but that was a long long time ago. Loved it as I did all of Germany.

When do you arrive in San Juan? We arrive late on the 4th and are renting a car to maybe go to the rain forest.

Gary

Yes, we are doing the 14 days! We couldn`t decide which of the tours would fit better :-) We will arrive on 3th and booked a car for going to the observatory and doing some shopping. The rainforest seems to be great, too!

Is there a tour for Dominica you can recommend?! All of the Bumping tours sound great!

Well, is there anything else (tours, sights) you can recommend for the other islands we are going?! We didn´t have that much time for preparing so it would be great to get some advice of somebody who have been there before!!!

What have done in Baden-Baden? Army?

Looking forward hearing from you!

Manuel

I know that on the Bumping Tour we are seeing the water falls and where Pirates of the Caribbean was filmed but dont remember the tour. I am in Vancouver now but will be home tomorrow and will send you the name of it. I envy your doing the two week but Craig has to work and only has limited time off.

I was teaching in Baden for the Canadian millitary.

Where are you staying in San Juan? We are at the Sheraton Old San Juan which seems like a nice location for the short stay. We decided this would not be a beach stop as it is so short and San Juan is such a fabulous city. The price of $84 a night was certainly a consideration also especialy when Sheraton wasn't 174 if booked with them.

When I was last on these islands I waited till I got off the ship and booked local tours for Aruba and Bonaire-they were not delux but were very good. I think we may go to Magans Bay in St Thomas as it is such a lovely beach.

I guess 4 weeks today we are on our way.

Cheers

Gary

We also hope to go to the Bacardi factory in San Juan.

We are at the Marriott. it seems to be a good place and we got a great rate.

The Bacardi tour we have planned either. You can get there by boat-sounds like fun! Do you know Charlie Car Rental? I contacted them some days before because I wanted to know whether they still offer a shuttle service to the pier. Unfortunatelly I didn`t get an answer yet!

Good Morning Manuel

I think the boat to the Bacardi factory goes from very close to out hotel. Maybe we can arrange to go there together on the Saturday.

Sorry, I donty know Charlies Rent a Car. I booked Hertz but only because they are in the Sheraton.

I'm on my way back to Victoria today. It is a 90 minute boat trip but it looks like it will be sunny for the trip. IT is a beautiful trip but I have done it so often I usually dont even get out of the car.

My email is rgaryw@shaw.ca

Gary

When I said older younger i meant it. I am 67 and Craig is 31. What are you ages?

Hey there,

We just booked this trip a couple days ago and are trying to decide on shore excursions and was hoping to get some info. out of the regular boards, but didn't have much luck so though I would try here.

Were 2 guys (26 and 28) from Cali. and going on this trip with some family. Weve been on this ship many times and did the Southern Caribbean Classic in May so know the ropes regarding the port, hotels, etc. Let me know if you have any questions. Were planning on staying at the Sheraton again. Great location, ok hotel, and a total mess on embarkation days, but for the price still a great place.

Hopefully someone will have some insight on what to do on the different islands. I havn't booked the day trips yet since we have to make sure our parents are up for them, but are thinking these....

Aruba: either rent a jeep and drive around to the sites and find a couple good snorkeling beaches, or a day sail on the Tranquilo

Bonaire: Too early and short of a stay so will just do some cheese/chocolate buying and maybe some local snorkeling close to the ship if it looks good.

Grenada: 1/2 day spice tour with either Caribbean Horizons, or K&J tours

Dominica: 1/2 day island tour with Levi Bumpiing tours (Roseau Valley Treasures-Wet Tour) and snorkeling at Champagne Reef.

St.Thomas: Day sail with New Horizons 65' sailboat out of Sapphire bay to St. John

This is such a port-intensive itenerary that I hope im not trying to do too much. We skipped 2 days on the other southern caribbean trip just so it didn't feel like we were constantly going.

Should be fun.

Hi richard and Chris

We are booked on the Rouseau Valley Tour and I think two guys from Germany may be doing it also. We are also staying at the Sheraton so may even see you before the cruise starts.

We are greatly looking forward to the trip as my partner loves the heat so isn't too happy up here now that it is wet and rainy

Cheers

Gary

Nice. That sounds good. Were taking the red-eye out from SFO on Saturday and going straight to the ship so were just at the Sheraton for 1 night after the cruise. That airport is a zoo to fly out of on Sundays.

Thats crazy that your booked for the same dominica tour as us. Im starting to think this might be one of those tours that has 50+ people all split into a caravan (which im not a fan of) but will stick with it since I like whats being offered for the price.

Its funny, but none of the excursions i've looked at include lunch. On our last cruise we had lunch included in every tour. Hope theyll drop us in town for a quick bite or let us know if we need to make lunches on the ship.

We have had pretty nice weather lately but im sure the weather will be even better/warmer in 3 weeks down there and certainly warmer than Victoria. Although I cant say im jealous of where you live. It's beautiful up there. I love the San Juan Islands, and we just went to Vancouver for the 1st time a month ago. It's an amazing city.

Feel free to let me know if you find anything on the other islands. I'm starting to get tired of searching...lol

Hey guys,

Was sondering if you got the same instructiond for the Levi bumpiing tour in Dominica. He asks us to be off the ship between 5-30 minutes after we are tied up and allowed off. Thats 7-7:30am! Really early.....lol. Was hoping that since it was a half day tour that it would start around 10ish. Just wanted to see if you had the same instructions. Thanks.

Lol, i'm not too happy about that early meeting time, but oh well. There are 4 of us. The 2 of us and a set of parents. Were on the Caribe deck this time.

Tours....

Aruba: Just cancelled a sailing trip on Tranquillo and instead am renting a jeep for the day from budget and roaming around to hopefully find some good beach snorkeling and restauarants and see the touristy sites.

Bonaire: Just some shopping in port for food stuffs.

Grenada: Still trying to decide which 1/2 day spice/food tour to do. It's between Caribbean Horizons, A&E tours, or K&J tours.

Dominica: Bumpiing tours - Roseau Valley Treasures-Wet Tour/snorkeling at Champagne Reef.

St.Thomas: Day sail to St. John on New Horizons out of Saphhire bay. Think well rent a car too incase theres extra time and it's way cheaper for 4 of us than the taxi's which charge per person.

Let me know if you have nay insight into any of these. Trying to book this week!

C-

Hey!

Nice to see that we won`t be alone on the cruise:-) And with you it seems to be a funny mix of Canadians, Americans and Germans...

I`ve just booked the Treasure Island tour and wondered about the early time either! Is there anything else interesting in the port area?! Maybe a beach? Or is it a nice town you could explore?

In Aruba Palm Beach seems to be nice and you can get there easily by bus!

made115-Which island are you doing the Treasure Island Tour? Havn't heard of it...but i'm not booking anything thru Princess. I cant answer your question since im not sure which island your speaking of.

Im going to assume that he (levi bumpiing) knows what time were getting in since im sure there are many others that have booked thru him and I think I mentioned out time in port to him. At least there will be time to bum around after the tour. I forgot that were doing the Champagne Reef snorkeling afterwards with him as well. It looks pretty cool, so I guess it will all work out.

Lol. OK. I'm not sure about what else to do on Dominica. I figured most of the day would be used up with the tour, especially since were doing the snorkeling afterwards with Levi.

Not sure if you saw that you can add that to the tour were all on or not, but is a great deal for some time in the water while were there. You can see everything else im planning in my earlier post.

So whats your guys age group anyways, just curious..........

C-

Whoa! I'm totally jealous. Didn't realize you were going for 2 weeks. Im hoping to get some beach time in on Aruba, and Bonaire mostly since I have trips planned for the other islands (which hopefully include a little beach time).

I'm assuming youll be on the other Southern Caribbean itenerary that we wen on earlier this year, so I can try to answer any questions you might have about that trip. We went to Barbados, st. luica, antigua, st. thomas, and Tortola I think.

Must be nice to take 2 weeks off and head down to the caribbean!

C-

Iy is not long now guys, I will be ready for the heat in three weeks. It i a lovely sunny day here but coolish.

You asked about age, Chris. We are an older-younger couple. I am 67 and Craig is 31. We have been together over 5 years but don't live together. I am in Victoria and he in Vancouver.

We have the tour booked in Dominica and also one in St Thomas.

What deck are you on? I had booked a balcony guarantee and got one on LIdo but fear I made a mistake when I decided to upgrade to a mini suite guarantee. No assignment yet but I fear I may end up in a Window suite. A suite will be nice but I do enjoy the balcony'. the plus is all the benefits of a mini.

Gary

Nice to hear your having nice weather. It's freezing here in San Francisco rite now (high of only 67), but at least its sunny!

Are you doing the snorkeling extension on the Dominica tour w/ Levi? I've seen pictures of the place and it looks pretty cool.

Do you mind me asking what you booked for St.Thomas? Still pretty sure were booking a sailing trip ive done before but havn't booked it yet.

A mini suite is the way to go. Had one on that ship in May and loved it. Our cabin person had told us about the window suites and I think I would be OK with it if I was upgraded to that! Theres plenty of other places to be outside. Plus I think you ight be able to order room service from the dining rooms in those rooms...just a guess.

We held specific rooms on Caribe since they supposedly have balconies that are twice the size of even the mini-suite ones and didn't want to be "upgraded" to the riviera or lido deck. We couldn't sleep in on those floors with all the people just above moving chairs in the past. We wont know fo rsure which one were in since we have to do some swapping with the parents, etc.

C-

Archived