Caribbean Princess Dec 6-7 nts

robgvic

Hi Chris

We booked http://www.havefunwithus.net/index.html

Tour number one. We wanted to not be late getting back to the ship and wern't really interested in shopping in St Thomas. THe next morning will be an early one as our flight to LA then on to Vancouver leave at 1110.

I really wish we were on the two week like Manu but Craig has to work

Justy got as call from Princess and we got a full suite C750 so I am extatic.

Cocktails will be served.

Gary

Whoa! im soo jealous. Tell me you didn't book a mini for $779 and get this big of an upgrade? Cuz that would be crazy and make me considor upgrading to a mini and crossing our fingers...

Ill have to go see what comes with a suite now so ill be really jealous. That tour seems so cheap. Considoring how much taxi's are there im really surprised. Good find.

C-

Thats still a sweet deal! We got ours on Caribe for $600 which seems crazy cheap too. I as looking for a friend that cant go yesterday, and theres still a ton of availability...Hoping there not going to sell off the rest for dirt cheap now since final payment has been made. Guess welll just have to wait and see.

Lol, I just saw that the reguar balcony room adjacent to your suite in our category is available....hmmmmm. = )

I stoped reading half way thru all the crap your going to be getting....some day. Will make for a fun time though.

I actually got a balcony for $550 thru crown cruise vaca. They were $50 cheaper than the past passenger rates plus they gave a $75 onboard credit so was a no brainer. It's the first time I have ever used an agent. Have always gone thru princess directly since they were the cheapest, but not this time....Still working the exact cabin out, caribe is the deck though.

All the balconies except 1 category is still currently going for $599 on princess.com. And there are still plenty available it appears. I actually hate going thru travel agencies but this was the first time that it actually made sense. Well definetly be on the same level as you, just figuring out which room exactly.

C-

Thanks Chris

Princess can be sneaky. I cannot get the US prices without calling reservations. Whrn I was in London this summer I could only get the price in pounds and wow they were expensive.

What dinner have you selected. We are anytime and usually eat around 8. I see now that I can even get reservations for anytime when I want them.

G

So here's a question for ya. Have you ever done the Thermal Suite on Princess or the Couples Rasul Room? I think I've done just about everything offered on this ship but those 2 things and trying to figure out if we should do them. The Rasul seems like it would be a blast.

Lucky you gets free access to the thermal suite. We usually hang out in the free spa in the locker room once a day, (and usually always find other friendly guys in there that work on the ship, lol) and are happy with that, but the thermal spa sounds nice. Sucks that it's co-ed though. haha.

Also, were anytime dining and usually eat around 8-8:30 but since we have parents with us, not sure if that will be different or not. planning one night at the crown grill and hoping to do the chefs table again too.

C-

Never done either but will probably try the thermal suite this time . I have never even used the sauna. I guess this will be the trip that we try a lot of new things in cruising. I dont think we will have much time to even leave the ship. lol

Hey Chris!

Good to hear that you have done that part of the cruise before!

Do you have any recommendations for Tortola?! We were thinking about renting a car to explore the island! As I have read the port seems not to be very interesting?! Any other recommandations?

For the other islands we`ve already booked some tours. Except for Antigua-the local tour operator didn`t answer yet!

Have a great start into the new week!

Tortola is one of my favorite islands. You really need to plan something ahead of time as the port really has nothing to offer. It's very undeveloped compared to most ports. We did a day sail out of the port (a 8 minute walk from the ship to the marina) Sailing BVI is pretty cool. Great snorkeling, and so many secluded beaches with little huts that serve lunch and drinks. I can only suggest a sailing trip since I havn't driven around the island. It didn't seem like there was a ton to do though seeing the island from the water.

Antigua was a day where we stayed on the ship except to get off and find a internet cafe to send some e-mails. I'm sure the island had a lot more to offer than what we saw in port. Since there is only one sea day we had to pick an island to not do anything and it just worked out as being Antiqua.

I was dissapointed with Barbados, but had really high expectations. Loved St. Lucia and Tortola though.

Talk to you soon.

Hey guys,

Think im about done pre-reserving port tours. Last one I'm stuck on is Grenada. I know I want something to do with the epicurian/agricultural highlights of the island, but that doesn't really narrow it down much. Just wondering if either of you are planning anything there?

Got luggage tags yesterday, must be gettin close!

C-

Hi Chris

We havent booked anything in Grenada as it is a short stay, noon to 7.

Have you looked at

http://www.grenadatours.com/tours2.htm

A lot of people seem to enjoy him.

We now have to wait to get baggage tags at the ship.

It really isn't long now. We leave in 16 days not tht I am counting

Do you have cabin assignment yet?

G and C

Hi Chris

It isn't long now till we are enjoying the sun of the Caribbean.

Just a quick note. I suggested to Manu that each couple bring a bottle of wine from our counties to enjoy. How do you feel?

Can you recommend any beaches not to far from the ship in Aruba, Bonaire or Grenada? Any hotels that allow use of their facilities for a fee?

Cheers

Gary

You didn't even have to ask....we live in wine country and always bring a ton of wine. Both bottled and boxed. It's one of the rare times we drink whites too since it's so warm. I'm sure youll bring something you like, but we love a good British Columbia Pinot Noir!

I'm curious to see what the german guys bring. The only german wine I've had was one my parents bought when I was born for me to open when I turned 21, and it was nasty, lol. Probrably wasn't meant to be aged that long.

About the beaches....didn't really do any beach research since well either be on tours or renting a car. Sorry I cant be of more help with that.

Guess we should probrably start to fill out the passenger information on-line soon. It's thanksgiving week here so should have plenty of free time.

Later,

I lived in Germany and they were probably my first wines so I enjoy the fruity flavour of their white wines. There red wines are certainly not memorable. Perhaps the problem with the birth wine was that if white they dont age at all well.

I'll look forward to enjoying a glass of your favourite wine.

We have everything filled out so are ready to get on the boat now. I think we will probalby be on early on the 6th to enjoy the suite as much as possilbe

Ah yes, I forgot about good old guwertz.... = ) great for the hot caribbean weather.

Your so on top of everything. Were going to fill out the customs and princess.com stuff later this week I think. That's great that your getting in early to enjoy your suite perks. Wour flight doesn't get in until 1:30 so won't be the first to get on like in may. I would suggest getting there early to be one of the first batches of people to be let in to the holding area. Even though your suposed to have priority embarkation since your in a suite, the system is kinda screwed up there and we never sam an elite/suite seating area last time.

The lines were crazy long but we were one of the first 10 in line since we had an early flight in and got on real quick. If u get on early enough you can have lunch in the dining room instead of the buffet which is nice.

After being jealous about you getting free access to the thermal suite, I'm thinking about booking the couples mud room for an hour since you get access to the thermL suite as well. Im going to wait and seewhat i think after the tour.

I am retired so have lots of time to get things done.

I think San Juan will be rather busy that day. I see ther are seven ships there on the 6th with over 13 000 passengers. It may be difficult getting a taxi. If we can't get into the dining room we may just order from room service although Craig is already looking forward to the pizza.

I am sure you will enjoy getting all muddy in the mud room. I must see if suite passengers are allowed to put cameras in there. lol

Whoa. That's insane! There 4 ships starting/ending their trips last time we sailed out SJ and the taxis wernt to bad, but the line that the taxis have to sit in to drop you off was awful. Only 1 road in and out. I'm hoping since the ship is off doing something privately that there won't be people getting off making the whole situation much better. Guess well just have to see.

I've got a lot of free time on my hands as well, I'm an architect and architects aernt doing very well in this economy down here, which is why I've been doing all the planning! From what I've read, the mud room is pretty small, so good luck trying to hide a camera, lol. I have a feelin you probrably don't want to see most of the people that are naked in there anyways, haha.

I wonder if well have the same room attendant since were so close or if suites gt diferent ones? I also wonder if they'll deliver a corsage to u guys on formal night = )

Archived