Summit to Bermuda/Internet Charges

thestonewolf

Good Day All;

It's been a long while and quite a few cruises since I've been on Celebrity(they didn't even have internet on them:eek:). Two of us are looking at doing The Summit to Bermuda in April and had two questions. Does the ship have wireless for the cabins(so much easier typing on the verandah:cool:) and what are the internet charges on board. Both of us going are taking online courses and at some point going to have to put down the pineapple filled with Goslings and do some work:p.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

I haven't been on Summit for a year, and at that time they had WiFi hotspots throughout the ship, but access in the cabin was pretty spotty. They may have upgraded since then.

But here is the kicker --- the internet connections are very slow - think closer to dial up speed. If you are taking a course where there are interactive elements (i.e., chat rooms, business simulations) then you may be frustrated by the connection speed. If it is just a case of uploading coursework then you could do the work offline and then upload when your work is prepared.

There are packages available, starting at about 55 cents per minute for the smallest package (50 minutes?), and the price drops some if you purchase more minutes. If you are a member of Captain's Club you will get some internet credit. The top tier of CC gets a free package for something like 90 minutes. You may want to look into internet cafes in Bermuda if you have a lot of coursework to upload or assignments to download.

Good luck! I don't think I would have had the dedication to do any coursework on a ship! :p

Good Day All;

It's been a long while and quite a few cruises since I've been on Celebrity(they didn't even have internet on them:eek:). Two of us are looking at doing The Summit to Bermuda in April and had two questions. Does the ship have wireless for the cabins(so much easier typing on the verandah:cool:) and what are the internet charges on board. Both of us going are taking online courses and at some point going to have to put down the pineapple filled with Goslings and do some work:p.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

Hi Jon, we are also on the Summit to Bermuda leaving April 25, 2010. If this is your cruise also please come and join us on our roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=21746441#post21746441

As for the Internet, it is slow so I only download emails and answer them off line then reconnect to upload.

Suz

Archived