I tried NCL any questions?

sunryz710

We just booked our 1st NCL cruise yesterday, Hawaii on the Pride of America.

It will be what it is...I am going for Hawaii, not the cruise service, food ETC to me its a floating hotel for the night, days will be spent on the islands. I like that it stays overnight in 2 ports so no time contraints...

I will have my own comparrison next week...I have a free 2 day on the NCL sky this weekend thanks to my seamiles card.:rolleyes: (now I can get rid of it..LOL)

I'm curious to compare it to the Fantasy class ships. (which I really like)

:cool:

I loved my cruise on the Sky...the ship is old, but the crew was amazing. (at least it was back in Feb last year!!) I highly recommend trying LeBistro (it's better than Cagney's imo)....make sure to see 'Fountains' if they have it and if they have a theme party please go...you'll have a blast.

Cabins are definitely smaller than CCL's but there is so much to do, you won't be spending all that much time in there anyway. Have fun!!! :)

2 days is WAY too short :eek:

It will be what it is...I am going for Hawaii, not the cruise service, food ETC to me its a floating hotel for the night, days will be spent on the islands. I like that it stays overnight in 2 ports so no time contraints...

Sadly NCLA (The ship that goes to Hawaii) gets the poorest ratings...although I have seen a few good reviews. Please don't rate NCL on this particular sailing. NCLA is basically unto itself.

Great attitude!! We were on the NCL Star when it was in Hawaii and decided not to worry about NCL and the poor service and to focus i=on the Hawaiian Islands. We had a great time in spite of NCL and will be going back for our 10th anniversary in four years. We will do NCL because you get more time in the islands with them. There is so much to see and so little time. If you fly into Honolulu, you will probably wake up around 3 or 4 AM because your body is used to the time where you live. We went to a Dennys for breakfast and then caught a cab to Pearl Harbor. We were the fourth or fifth couple there. This way we got to see Pearl Harbor and still made it to the pier by 1pm to board the ship. Just a suggestion because Pearl gets very busy and there will be long lines if you get there after 6:30 or 7am.:) Hey, have a great time.

I think it just goes to show that we all have different tastes for everything, style, food, vacations etc..

I happen to LOVE to cook, it's my passion. WHen I go out to dinner at a nice restaurant I want something that will be better than I'd make at home. If I go to a diner or fast food than I have no great expectations. WHile on a cruise (which is known for food) I expect in the MDR"S a great meal. If I pay for a specialty restaurant I want even better than that.

So............ Our first two NCL cruises on the Crown *Now Fred Olsen's Balmoral* We loved it. Even though the buffet wasn't the best laid out the choices were Fantastic. We DID eat in the buffet for some dinners as it was that good. We paid extra for their asian and French which were good and great.

THEN.. the following year we took the NCL Dawn and were not impressed at all with their MDR or Buffet but did pay extra for their specialty restaurants which were outstanding TO US ..

I've been on Princess and LOVED every meal in every place we ate.

RCCL food was good and their buffet was the best I've seen yet.

Now we'll try carnival this sunday and I'm so looking forward to it from what I'm hearing.

Some people will eat anything and they do. They see alot of food and it's a good thing. I want to see different choices each day at a buffet with the exception of some hot dogs/ hamburgers lunch time fare but at dinner time I want different choices IF I eat at the buffet instead of MDR.

This time around for Carnival we're looking forward to eating our dinners in the MDR (based on all the good info we're reading) and we made reservations for a night in the supper club.

Either way it won't ruin our vacation at all.

Our last cruise there were too many things that didn't go right and it did put a damper on a little bit but did NOT ruin anything.

It could have been a bad week who knows.

Whew... I said all that :-)

Archived