Mariner June Pre Cruise Hotel and Airport Transporation

Hello everyone,

Trying to decide "fly or drive" from Tennessee for Mariner June 26th cruise.

We are booked direct with RCI and I see that they offer transfers for a fee, but what about flying in a day early?

Ok I don't want to sound "cheap", but need your input on a pre cruise hotel in the Orlando area or Coccoa Beach area.

As well we will fly in a day early whats the best least expensive transporation from the airport to the Hotel and then from the port back to the airport.

One more question I've read on the boards that there are several hotels in the area with shuttle service to the pier.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice and suggestions. They will be greatly accepted.;)

here is a great websight fro all that info www.dcltribute.com

hop ethis helps it is about disney cruise line but there is a huge amount of info about the port where to stay etc....

we make the drive all the time it is a pretty easy drive about 10 1/2 hours from north alabama (huntsville) if you are thinking of driving

We sail the Mariner 6/19 and are coming in to Cocoa Beach a day early(flying). We rented a 12 passenger van from Avis (for 8 of us + luggage) and cashed in our Marriott reward points for a free night at the Marriott Courtyard. We're looking forward to a relaxing day before the cruise. Some of our family are driving down, however and meeting us at Cocoa Beach. We opted to fly in, but a day early because of the drive from Cincinnati seemed too long and my DH has to be at work Monday. Good luck on your decision!

Karen

Thanks, We have thought about courtyard, we to have points we made can use as well. I looked at it on the web and looks pretty good and I called and got prices and they do have a shuttle to the pier and back afterwards to the hotel.

But as far a shuttle to the airport to and from the hotel the shuttle or whatever with courtyard is $50.00 per person. So that about the drive of the gas to drive and if we drive we're saving that money for things to do on the ship and the ports of call I guess.

Driving going is not so bad you so excited, it's the drive back that gets me cause your so tired.

Thanks for all you help;)

We cruised on the Mariner last February and stayed at the Raddison, Port Canaveral. We could see the cruise ships from the room. We rented a van at the Orlando airport and drove to the hotel. The next day we turned in the van at the rental agency and they had a shuttle. It all went well (we were at the cruise terminal before 12 noon) and for the price of the shuttle for 4 of us we had the use of the van for 24 hours to do to dinner, pick up last minute items, etc.

Archived