Anyone take a "Chefmakers" class on Mariner?

• 2 months later...

I took the Chicken class while on the Mariner this past Oct. I enjoyed the class and learned alot, but was disappointed to learn that even though the class was described as a "Boot Camp" class, it did not qualify for the apron, as their brochure implied. i know this may sound petty, but for $60, felt they could have thrown it in. I probally would have prefered a mid-day time frame, as they opened bottles of wine and offered us this free wine...but it was 9:00am, even on vacation, that is too early for me. I have tried several of the recipes that we made and they were as easy to do at home as he made it seem. You get the recipes on nice size cards that list the ingredients on one side and the preperation on the other. Chef Drew was a good teacher and really wanted to make sure that everyone was involved. Several in my class had taken a few of his other courses earlier in the week, and even though I would have enjoyed doing that.....3 hours for a cooking class or 1 hour for a massage......hmmmm, for me, the spa it was.:D

I took the chicken class during our Thanksgiving cruise. I learned a lot. I like the fact that you got real "hands on". I learned the right way to de-bone chicken. I went alone. I couldn't see spending $60 for each of us. While I was in the class the DW went to the gym to work out and then shopping. The class had more men than I thought.

Archived