Majesty of the Seas 11/30/2009

colnago

Good I'm glad I won't be the only Family member on board. I'm traveling Alone as well and staying in Fort Lauderdale a few days before. I need a break real bad - even know this is a short cruise it will be fun.

Looking forward to meeting you

Brian

Hi Brian. Glad to hear you'll be onboard. I really need this trip too. Just finished up with our busy season at work. I'm flying in the night before the cruise and staying at a hotel in Miami. Have you checked out any of the excursions yet?

26 days left - I need to get out of here. This is my busiest time as well. I have been working every day from early morning to sometimes 2 in the morning.

I have looked at the excursions - Not sure what I'm going to do - I would like to do some kayaking in Key West and I think I can do it once we get off the ship. In all my cruises I have never been to the Bahamas so I'm looking forward to exploring. Any suggestions?

Pray there's no snow storm when I'm ready to leave which is one reason I flew out a few days early. You never know in Jersey.:cool:

I haven't decided exactly what I'll do for excursions. Kayaking in the Key West sounds fun. I usually go for the more active excursions. But I've never been to Key West before so I may do one of the city tours and go to Hemingway's house. When I went on the 3 night cruise with my family on the Majesty this summer I had a blast on the jet ski tour. I may do that again or maybe parasailing or the kayak tour. In Nassau I was thinking about going to Atlantis We should pick a place to meet up on the ship

Hi, hope you don't mind that I'm posting over here since I'm not a member of the "family" as you guys put it. But I am "family-friendly" and I'm also going to be on this cruise, and was hoping to make some friends before boarding. My roll-call on the other side of the board is pretty dead, you guys seem much more lively :) I'm from NYC, so I'm also praying there's no snow storm as I'm flying in the morning of the cruise! Hope that wasn't a mistake!

SunLovinChick

Hey colnago

Parasailing sounds like a must!!! I worked on a small cruise ship for a few years and everytime i got the oportunity to do parasailing a passsenger comes along and I had to give up my spot or it was a crew members Birthday and i gave the oportunity to them. Now its my turn. In Key west there is a catamarain called BLU-Q that goes out for a 3 hour tour which I was going to do if I didn't do the kayaking tour but it looks like they don't go out in December on Tuesdays or Thursdays. Just my luck Its a "Family" adventure and was Highly recomended. I'll keep checking on that.

After reading some of the responses from other cruises posts - I think in Nassau - Atlantis is the way to go.

Yes lets set a time and place - your call - I'm hopeing to get to the ship early - I have to return my car at the MIA airport and wait to see if they have a transfer for me. Other wise its quite the taxi fare I'm told.

My flight gets in around 11:30am, so I think I should be good. And there is one after mine that would still get me there on time (hopefully!) How much is the cab fare from MIA? That's how I was planning on getting to the ship. Is there a shuttle bus I should take instead?

You guys are adventurous - parasailing! I'll be sure to watch you from the beach lol

We definitly have to do the parasailing! The catamaran in Key West sounds like it would be fun its really to bad they don't do it on Thursdays. I was just checking out the Atlantis options. In order to be able to go to the water park you have sign up for the $145 tour. I'll have to think that one over. I'm also thinking about doing the Everglades tour in Miami after we get back. I hear the cruise line takes care of your luggage while your on the tour and takes you directly to the airport when your done.

Damm - I'll have to remember this one for next year - I wonder if there will be any events earlyier in the day at the resorts. I checked out the schedual as well. I will have to do some investigating and you would think with the Bone Island Bare it All weekend going on that the BLU- Q would have been sailing that day - thats right up there ally.

My flight is at 4:00 I'm sure I can do the everglades trip - Thats a great Idea

I'm not sure what the taxi ride cost to the port is - If i can't buy the transfers from the cruise line that day I'll have to take the taxi. - Do to the fact I did't fly in that day they would not let me get the arrival transfer just the going home transfers.

I'm from Houston. Grew up out west though, not to far from Lubbock.

Not sure how much the taxi costs either. I'm flying in the day before and staying at a hotel near MIA. The hotel will take me to the port for a small fee. And I'm leaning heavily towards going on the Everglades excursion as a way to get from the port back to the airport. It would beat sitting at the airport for 4 or 5 hours.

Jason

I did some research on the taxi situation. $24+ tip, from MIA to the port. Apparantly the shuttles are like $18 but you have to wait for them to fill up. Not worth it to me to save $6. I'd rather get to the boat and start my vacation!

Looking forward to trying this "honey stung chicken" everyone keeps talking about at the buffet the first afternoon. Have you guys cruised RCCL before? This is my first time, only did one other cruise before on Carnival.

Sinlovinchick

The weather is looking good for us for the rest of the month so we should be fine. I was hoping to bring Jason down a snow ball from Jersey beings he hasn't seen snow in a while but that look like thats out of the question - I'll find a way.

So now I'm looking forward to meeting the two of you and this trip and the everglades plus parasailing and now I will look forward to the "Honey Stung chicken". I'm so looking forward to this trip.

The christening for the Oasis of the Seas is the day we leave darn but I'm sure I will see it in Fort lauderdale were it is docked the day before. Even if I have to rent a kayack and yak to the harbor.

I have been on quite a few RCCL ships and I was on a showing of this one when it came to NYC before it started its first sailing. Supposedly they just put 36 million into this one we are going on.

I wish I had know the Oasis was going to be in town. I had trouble deciding whether to fly into FLL and stay out one of the guest houses or MIA so I'd be close to the port. I would have chosen FLL if know Oasis would be there. I'd really like to sail on her next summer.

This will be my 3rd time on RCCL and my second time on the Majesty. I was on her with my family in August for the 3 night sailing. The honey stung chicken was good.

15 more days till my plane lands and my vacation starts!

Glad to hear the weather in NY/NJ should be ok. Now I'm just hoping that it's warm and sunny where we're going! Last time I was in FL in December it was overcast and cold the whole time :(

It would have been cool to see the Oasis! The only other boat I've been on was the Ecstacy on Carnival. I'm thinking the Majesty is probably about the same size. One day I'll get on one of those bigger ships.

December is Iffy as far as weather goes in Florida but at least I'm not working. I leave in the morning for Indiana to color check a Book on press - I will be up for 66 hours streight with a possible 10 or 15 min nap here and there - I will need this vacation very badley. and once I get back on the 20th I will only have 3 more days of catching up to do at work - then Thanksgiving in PA and I leave at 6:45am on Friday and I can't wait.

Are you in the publishing business Brian? I work in publishing as well. Although I work in HR, so I don't do any hands on publishing work myself.

So did you guys sign up for early or late seating dinner? I chose early, just because eating dinner at 8:30 sounds so late to me. I know I'll be starving by 6:30. But it would be nice to have friendly faces at the dinner table if you guys would be interested in dining together? (Guess I would consider switching to 8:30 if you're doing late). I'm very independent, am totally comfortable travelling alone, sightseeing alone, but the one thing that makes me uncomfortable is sitting down in a nice restaurant alone. I did request a large table of age-compatible (30's) travellers and it's fun to meet new people, but it's really a crap shoot lol I just don't want to walk into the dining room and sit down at the table to find I'm the only person of 8 who shows up! lol

Have either of you travelled solo before? How did the dining situation go for you?

Lisa

Sounds like your be the common denominator Lisa...I work in HR software.

I think I signed up for the 6:30 dinner. In the past I have always eaten in the main dinning room, but had been considering just eating in the Windjammer this trip so I wouldn't have to pack any thing but shorts and t-shirts...still trying to decide.

I've been on a number of vacations solo...and business travel...but this will be my first solo cruise.

Wow, that's a coincidence! You'll have to tell me which software you work for when we meet (don't blame you if you don't want to say online lol).

I am totally a shorts & t-shirt kind of girl myself, but I really enjoyed the whole getting served in the dining room experience on my last cruise, so I'm willing to throw on a nice pair of jeans and a more dressy top. I'll throw my cocktail dress in my suitcase too, in case I decide to do formal night (what it will look like after it comes out of my suitcase I don't know....and apparantly they don't allow irons on the ship!).

Since we both chose the early seating, if you decide you might eat in the dining room and want to link up our reservations beforehand just let me know! Hopefully I'll wind up with cool tablemates, but would be great to know I'll have a pal at the table!

Dinner together would be nice.

where do you guys want to meet? I was thinking about the Vicking Crown Lounge. I'm planning to get to the pier around 11:30-12:00. so we could meet earlier in the afternoon or meet for a drink before dinner.

Archived