Tell me about conch fritters!

blessedwith12

I love seafood: shrimp, scallops, oysters, clams, crab cakes, etc. but I've never had conch. Which type of seafood is it most like? Mild or fishy? What about fritters? I'm thinking about getting them at Rum Point so describe them for me if you can. Thanks.

Most like clam, I'd say. Conch fritters are yummy! Little fried balls of dough with bits of conch in the batter.

Conch fritters are my favorite! As a matter of fact, the only way I've ever eaten conch is in a fritter. I think it might be tough if not cooked that way. The conch is chopped up very finely and mixed with garlic, onion, some other spices, cornmeal, and flour. They fry it until it's golden brown on the outside and it just melts in your mouth. They may not be everyone's favorite, but give it a shot. I doubt you'll be sorry.

Maybe more like a cross between scallops and clams, i think.

This is one of our favorite restaurants on Cayman. The conch platter is awesome!

http://www.crackedconch.com.ky/index.php

This is a stone's throw from the dolphin/turtle attractions. If you are going anytime soon, you might want to email because when we were there last month, they were closed for a month or so for remodeling.

This is one of our favorite restaurants on Cayman. The conch platter is awesome!

http://www.crackedconch.com.ky/index.php

This is a stone's throw from the dolphin/turtle attractions. If you are going anytime soon, you might want to email because when we were there last month, they were closed for a month or so for remodeling.

Hey...just read your quote from "Red". That is one of my most favorite movies EVER. I watch it everytime it comes on TV. The friendship they had was awesome!

Archived