Captain's Club Select member upgrade benefit

shoesonfire

Sorry to hear that 1 category upgrade benefit with Captains Club does not apply to Azamara. Surely, with all the competition out there with cruise lines and newer ships, Azamara might want to extend some additional good will among their customers.

Is there ever a possibility that you can get upgraded? If so, when and how?

Hi Shoesonfire !

With their being roughly 650 passengers on each ship, and ships sailing at or near capacity, there is very little chance of an upgrade. I highly recommend you book the cabin category you will be happy with. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Sorry to hear that 1 category upgrade benefit with Captains Club does not apply to Azamara. Surely, with all the competition out there with cruise lines and newer ships, Azamara might want to extend some additional good will among their customers.

Hi Shoesonfire !

I'd like to bring out 2 points about this :

1. On Celebrity, you cannot upgrade other than inside to inside and outside to outside cabins. It would not be an inside to outside upgrade. Also, upgrades never applied to Balconies or Suites. On Celebrity, an example would be, you would pay for outside Category 7, and be given an outside Category 6, The cabin itself would be identical, though you would probably move up 1 deck higher in most cases.

2. As Azamara has few insides and outside cabins, it would be virtually impossible for them to offer the Celebrity type upgrade. If they did, they could not offer it to everyone, and it would probably lead to unhappy passengers.

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Thanks Andy for your info. We did book our cruise a few weeks ago on the Quest for a veranda 1C, and we were just hoping there was a possibility of moving up to a 1B which might put us more center ship. I'm aware the cabins are virtually the same, just that the location might be a little better. We've cruised 9 times with Celebrity and RCCL and always been happy with the cruise and cabin we selected, and we know we will be again (probably even more so on Azamara). We're looking forward to May 2010.

Jan - Shoesonfire

Archived