Zumba

princesskristen

I do Zumba classes once a week. I think it's a lot of fun, definitely makes an hour long work out go by very quickly. Whenever I do Zumba I sweat a TON. The nice thing is that you can modify the moves to make it harder or easier as needed (add more jumping/take out jumping). It is a nice addition to a workout routine.

I love Zumba, what a fun way to work out. I try to go 3 times a week. I am reshaping and losing weight. It is so much fun, it is aerobic to latin steps and music and I sweat my buns off [ I wish :D]Check it out if you get a chance. Be careful though, it has some sexy moves so it might heat up your home life;)

Kris

I have been doing Zumba for the last couple of months and really love it. Before that I had been doing Thai aerobics and find Zumba so much more fun. I love the dancing part of it and Kris you are right it does have some sexy belly dancing and other moves. It seems you move every square inch of your body. I take one class on Monday afternoons that is 1/2 hour Zumba to get you heart rate up and 1/2 hour toning with weights. On Wednesday mornings I do 1 hour of Zumba. You really sweat! But you can modify and do what is comfortable to you. I do not like to hop or jump, have a knee that bothers me so I improvise and it works well anyway. I need to lose around 20-25 pounds and am working on it.

Sharon

I made it to 3 classes this week. I am trying to lose those last few pounds. The scale is stuck, but, I am getting leaner. I asked the instructor about how many calories you burn doing Zumba and she said depending on how in shape you are. If you are not in shape at all, it can be as many as 1000 in an hour. Now that is reason right there to take Zumba. She said if you work out alot it is around 300 calories an hour that you burn, still good.[/i]

I love the dance and the music.

I agree about the belly dancing moves, it really works your core.

Kris

If I had the dvd I would do it at home as well. I like the fun of the class room and also, when I get tired at class, there is the humiliation of giving up before it is over, peer pressure:D

The instructor gave me a cd of the music and I try to do a little at home but like I say, too easy for me to get distracted and give up.

If I had the dvd I would do it at home as well. I like the fun of the class room and also, when I get tired at class, there is the humiliation of giving up before it is over, peer pressure:D

The instructor gave me a cd of the music and I try to do a little at home but like I say, too easy for me to get distracted and give up.

Boy you are right about that, you don't want to quit before everyone else does, ha ha At home I would, I know, so the class is better for me. But if you can't get to a class I think the dvd would work just as good.

Where did you find the DVD? I would like it for the days that the classes aren't offered.

My instructor is also getting certified for aqua Zumba, less hard on the knees. She is single and I suggested she teach classes on a cruise ship, preferably the one that I will be on:D

Kris

I would love to do Aqua Zumba, you would still get all the moves and it would be so much easier on your joints. Our class in not at a location that has a pool so I don't think thats an option I'll have.

Sharon

I asked our instructor at Zumba class yesterday about Aqua Zumba. She said go to Zumba.com and put in your zip code and it will tell you where in the area there are classes. So I did, and I found a high school about 25 minutes from here that is just starting classes. They are having a demo you can participate in on Nov 16, to see if you want to sign up. So I think I will give it a try. Sharon

I'm a Zumba Instructor so I'm obviously addicted. The DVD's are great but nothing compares to a live class.

I'm actually trying to put a Zumba group cruise together onboard the Carnival Miracle June 8, 2010 if anyone is interested contact me or reply to the thread I started on the Carnival Message board!

I'm a Zumba Instructor so I'm obviously addicted. The DVD's are great but nothing compares to a live class.

I'm actually trying to put a Zumba group cruise together onboard the Carnival Miracle June 8, 2010 if anyone is interested contact me or reply to the thread I started on the Carnival Message board!

I wish you was on the cruise the week before... thats the one I'll be on and I would join the group in a heart beat! I love Zumba!

We had such a great zumba class this morning!! Our instructor added another new routine. It was all about the twist, the pony, the hand jive and some cha cha thrown in. Doing that one and the samba and merenque and belly dancing moves was quite an affective workout. We were all sweating like crazy. I was going to go to Kohls because I have a $10 coupon but had to come home and shower before I go back. Really feel great now though. Sharon

• 2 weeks later...

How difficult IS Zumba? Can a middle aged, uncoordinated, can't dance women figure it out?? This middle age thing is getting so bad... I haven't been on the boards for a while and forgot both my screen name and password, and since my email address has changed I've now had to start over!! Maybe if I get in shape my mind will come back too!!

Archived