Sapphire Anytime Dining Rooms - Which One?

Chesie

I think it has to do with which servers are assigned where - when we were aboard the Sapphire we avoided the Pacific Moon because there was one asst waiter who was quite loud and obnoxious. Thought he was gone, but just encountered him on the Caribbean Princess in Aug/ Sept of this year. His antics once again were loud and unnecessary.

We enjoyed the Santa Fe, but it had a lot to do with a waiter who was there. The Pacific Moon has lovely decor, so I am looking forward to relaxing there from time to time next fall.

To me, the decor has most to do with personal preference. I'm sure good, bad, and indifferent service may be found in any of the dining rooms.

We have preferred the Santa Fe for the decor, and the chips and guacamole that used to be on the table! That little extra has gone but we have had very good service in the Santa Fe, both on the Sapphire and the Diamond.

I think the Osso Bucco was served in the DaVinci which we found very good. Last January it was early sitting and at 815 became anytime and we found a very good server there so went there all the rest of the trip.

Our favourite was the Santa Fe - my husband liked being able to easily get a table for 2, and he LOVED the fajitas, so we ended up there most often in case there wasn't something on the menu that we just had to have, since that was always offered. We never did get to be in the Pacific Moon, due in part to the fact that there was a VERY large tour group that always frequented it. The other 2 dining rooms we tried, but nothing about them made us need to go back. I can't remember which one, the Savoy, was used for traditional dining first seating, so the night we were eating later, it was a good spot to go as there were loads of tables when first seating finished. We tend to eat early, and every night we were seated in the same area in Santa Fe, often near the same people, so it was almost like having traditional seating, and getting to know the excellent wait staff in that area of the room.

Our favourite was the Santa Fe - my husband liked being able to easily get a table for 2, and he LOVED the fajitas, so we ended up there most often in case there wasn't something on the menu that we just had to have, since that was always offered. We never did get to be in the Pacific Moon, due in part to the fact that there was a VERY large tour group that always frequented it. The other 2 dining rooms we tried, but nothing about them made us need to go back. I can't remember which one, the Savoy, was used for traditional dining first seating, so the night we were eating later, it was a good spot to go as there were loads of tables when first seating finished. We tend to eat early, and every night we were seated in the same area in Santa Fe, often near the same people, so it was almost like having traditional seating, and getting to know the excellent wait staff in that area of the room.

We agree! We were on the Sapphire about 18 months ago, and the atmosphere in the Santa Fe was more relaxed--even on Formal night. I also liked the fajitas, and it did seem a bit easier to get a table for two. Never tried the Savoy since we're early diners, and, as stated above, early traditional used the Savoy in addition to the regular traditional dining room. The Asian (Pacific Moon) and Italian (Vivaldi) were OK. Didn't find them to be anything special in terms of decor, atmosphere or the specialty dish in each restaurant.

Thanks everyone. We are onlyon a 7 day cruise, but glad anyway!!

I take it each dining venue has a "theme" for the food?

Not quite. The menus are the same for each of the dining rooms, but each room has one specialty dish that is not on the menu.

Sorry, I can't remember the dish for each room.

The Special in Santa Fe is the fajitas - they are fabulous!

The special in Savoy is pork chops about 2 inches thick. DH had it one night and enjoyed it. We also went to Santa Fe one night and enjoyed the fajitas. We only had Afternoon Tea in the Pacific Moon - the service was impecable (tuxedo and white gloves). The pastries were wonderful.

We really liked Vivaldi & Savoy more elegant restaurants, booked usually after around 7pm as it was nearly empty so we got a great table. We also liked Pacific Moon, their signature dish I had almost every night (the noodle and seafood dish). Santa Fe seemed to informal, but seemed to be set up better as far as being able to talk when the restaurant was full, we dined there one night on a formal night and felt way overdressed.

We did not like any of the restaurants tables for two, just the way they are set up. You will enjoy dining in all of the restaurants we did them all in 7 days. Enjoy!

We had dinner in Santa Fe the first night and was not impressed by the look or feel. Being my first dining experience on Princess, I was expecting something a bit more grand. Table for 2 in the second pic against the wall. The decor was darker, and much like a nice land restaurant.

2662337080101627832S425x425Q85.jpg2165163380101627832S425x425Q85.jpg

Going on the Sapphire this Sat.We are traveling with a large group of 30 and was wondering how many people the largest table in the anytimem dining rooms hold?Wondered if there were tables for 10 or 12 people?

Archived