Turtles AND beaches?

sunseeker09

Ok, so I pretty much decided long ago that on Barbados we need to go and check out Bottom Bay (thanks to Aplmac's beautiful photos of this gorgeous beach). However, since it's said to be rough for swimming and there aren't facilities, I thought we'd maybe stop at Crane for awhile or else go to Accra for awhile to chill.

But.... the more I read about snorkeling with the turtles the more intrigued I am. Turtles were the best part about diving in Hawaii for me. I love turtles.... but not millions of people in the water.

Aplmac or others familiar with Barbados, do you think it would be possible to combine going to Payne's beach (where the turtles are, correct?) in the morning, (straight off the ship to avoid the crowds) and just have one of the little boats runs us out for a bit of a snorkel....

Then, grab a taxi and go to Bottom Bay and maybe Crane for some photo ops?

Is this too mcuh for one day, or doable? Would the cost be crazy taking taxi's all over?

Archived