Camp Carnival

FlipFlopFanatic

We have a 5 year old son who will be cruising on the Fascination with us in December. He is so excited about camp carnival.

How much time did your kids actually spend there. Did you send them everyday?

Also, are they still doing the Build a Bear on the Fascination? If so, does anyone know what the cost is??

Last question (for now!), what about lunch or dinner? Do they serve either one of those meals in CC? I was just thinking maybe my husband and I could go to the dining room by ourselves one night. I'm sure my son won't be a fan of the dining room. Thanks!!!

Last year my daughter (2 at the time) loved Camp Carnival so much she begged us to go there! We only sent her twice (but we were on a four day cruise) but she kept asking us to go all of the time. Your son will love it, there is so much to do. When you arrive you can look at the schedule and it will tell you the days and times they can eat lunch and dinner at camp, I remember it being almost every day if not every day. I don't know if they do the build a bear on the facination but they did it on our cruise-it was very well priced for what they got and she had so much fun doing it! Have fun on your cruise!

Our DD (6) loves Camp Carnival. She begs to go all day, everyday when we're on the boat. We usually send her in the morning for a few hours and then in the evening. The kids can be dropped off for dinner at 6 pm - and my DD typically prefers that over the dining room.

Not sure if they offer it on Fascination or not, but when we were on the Conquest last summer, the Build a Bear thing, which they called the "Family Bear Activity" started at $20. They only offered it once though, on the first sea day. We missed out because I didn't realize this. Check your caper so you don't miss out. We're hoping they have it on Ecstasy next month. :)

LOVE LOVE LOVE Camp Carnival (and so do the kids).

Days at sea they will not serve lunch to the kids and actually close for a while for "Family Activities". This is usually when they will do the Build A Bear, maybe have a family scavenger hunt, etc. Check the Camp Carnival Caper as the times/activities will be posted.

Also, the first night they will not serve the kids dinner. For us, this is usually the only time our 7 y/o joins us in the dining room.

Otherwise that's all he wants to do... hang out with the CC kids and do their activities. Fine with us! :)

My Daughter was 5 the first time she went to Camp Carnival. She is now 10 and next cruise will be her Platinum cruise. She goes every cruise to Camp carnival as much as she can. All 3 of my kids have gone, and all enjoy it. I can't say enough great things about the Carnival's camp program. You and your husband will have a lot more time to yourselves with the help of camp.

We're hoping they have it on Ecstasy next month. :)

They had it last weekend on the 4 day!

On sea days, we usually send our 4 year old to camp after breakfast, and pick him up for lunch when they close. We don't usually take him back until after dinner. Since we have late dinner coming up to eat with family, we may let him eat with camp a couple times. We let him do that when we did the supper club on the Splendor, and he was asking to do it for the rest of the week.

We're trying to keep him eating dinner with us as long as possible, because I fear it's the only time we'll see him in a few years. :o

All three grandkids absolutely love Camp Carnival. We do have them eat dinner with us on elegant night because they too love to dress up. Good experiences for them too. They can't wait to cruise again so they can go "to camp."

We have seen the food served for the CC kids. Chicken nuggets, fries, and peas & carrots. When we saw the food, the chix and fries were dwindling and the vegies went untouched. We think the vegies were there to make the parents feel good.:p.

We did the build a bear last week on the Fantasy. The prices were $19.99 for the bear and carnival tshirt. Then I think it went to $26.99 for the bear, tshirt and 1 outfit and then like $34.99 for the bear, tshirt and 3 outfits. I think it was every afternoon at 12:15 or so.

My DD is 5 and did Camp Carnival once then we couldn't get her to go back. She's shy though and slow to warm up. I think it would've been better for her if she would have been in her brother's age group. For our next cruise, she will be, so we'll try it out again. My DS is 8 and loved it.

We have a 5 year old son who will be cruising on the Fascination with us in December. He is so excited about camp carnival.

Also, are they still doing the Build a Bear on the Fascination? If so, does anyone know what the cost is??

Last question (for now!), what about lunch or dinner? Do they serve either one of those meals in CC? I was just thinking maybe my husband and I could go to the dining room by ourselves one night. I'm sure my son won't be a fan of the dining room. Thanks!!!

My DS was almost 5 (and my other almost 11) when we cruised on the Fascination in March. They had fantastic counselors there. We take them @ 9, after having a nice relaxing family breakfast in the dining room - it is so much nicer to be waited on and not having to get up and down for refills etc. They stay until 12, when we pick them up for lunch; that way, mom and dad have the morning to relax, work out, go to the spa, whatever. Then, we let them decide what they want to do in the afternoon - waterslide/pool, putt-putt, camp, etc. Most nights they have dinner with us (we get early seating) and one of us will walk them to camp about 7, while the other orders dessert - the waiters are great about bringing the kids food earlier than the adult. But at least one night on the cruise we send them to camp for dinner so we can have adult time. They almost always want to stay in camp, but I will tell you that my oldest love seeing the hypnotist one cruise.

We did the build a bear last week on the Fantasy. The prices were $19.99 for the bear and carnival tshirt. Then I think it went to $26.99 for the bear, tshirt and 1 outfit and then like $34.99 for the bear, tshirt and 3 outfits. I think it was every afternoon at 12:15 or so.

My DD is 5 and did Camp Carnival once then we couldn't get her to go back. She's shy though and slow to warm up. I think it would've been better for her if she would have been in her brother's age group. For our next cruise, she will be, so we'll try it out again. My DS is 8 and loved it.

Is there choices of outfits or does the package come with certain ones?

We were on the Fascination in February. My son is six. He loved it. I loved it. He asked to eat with camp carnival every night, manly because of the food and because of the friends. The only hard thing for me was we had 6:00 eating time and that is also when the kids eat on the Lido deck with camp. I was rushing to get him checked in, then to get to my dining room. All in all it was totally worth it. And he had a great time.

Camps are closed from Noon til 2 most every day.

Closed from 5pm til 7pm. But on some nights there is a eat with the kids at camp-= you take the kids to the buffet at 5:15. and they are served a certain menu item that night.

You will be given a camp itinerary on the first day- pick and chose what you think your 5 year old would like- theycan go in and out all day long.

Some things might be boring- your 5 year old will be in camp with the 2-5 year olds- so a lot of coloring/ art/ story time stuff.

camp age groups are:

2-5

6-8

9-11

12-14

15-17

kids can move down in age but very rare will they be allowed to move up in age.

Good afternoon,

I am laughing because we spent all this time planning a nice family vacation and we never saw our son most nights until midnight and even then he didn't want to leave the nightime party in Camp C. He got the Camp Carnival Capers and that was it, he was gone for the week[ He loved the build a bear, although we were on the Splendor so I can't say about the facination and I belive the cost was $20 or something like that. And yes, some nights he even dumped old mom and dad to eat with his freinds in Camp Carnival, they took them down to the lido for a childs buffet. Oh well, he had a great time and we got a lot of rest and adult time. He loved eating with his friends instead of the dining room.

quote=FlipFlopFanatic;21847435]We have a 5 year old son who will be cruising on the Fascination with us in December. He is so excited about camp carnival.

Is there choices of outfits or does the package come with certain ones?

There was actually quite a good selection. My daughter chose a Carnival cheerleading outfit, and my son chose a Carnival baseball outfit. They also had some pajamas, halloween costumes and a few other things that I can't quite remember.

Camps are closed from Noon til 2 most every day.

Closed from 5pm til 7pm. But on some nights there is a eat with the kids at camp-= you take the kids to the buffet at 5:15. and they are served a certain menu item that night.

You will be given a camp itinerary on the first day- pick and chose what you think your 5 year old would like- theycan go in and out all day long.

Some things might be boring- your 5 year old will be in camp with the 2-5 year olds- so a lot of coloring/ art/ story time stuff.

camp age groups are:

2-5

6-8

9-11

12-14

15-17

kids can move down in age but very rare will they be allowed to move up in age.

I think this was the problem with my 5 (almost 6 yr. old). She was by far the oldest in the group and I think she was bored. When I asked her what they did, she couldn't tell me anything. This is the same girl who gives me a complete rundown of every single thing they do at school everyday. LoL.

They were still doing build a bear mid-September when we were there.

They started at 20.00 and went up from there depending on which outfit you wanted. There were several different choices. We had 9 children with us ranging in age from 3 & 1/2 - 11. (and a 16 month old too young for CC). They all loved CC. The 7 older ones had their own table at the dining room and loved it, so you might want to let him try the dining room. (We made sure to over-tip their wait staff!)

We did the Facination in August with our 7 yr old grandson.He loved Camp Carnival and those girls were awesome with the kids.They do have Build a Bear.They also had a talent show,and very many interesting activities.He ate with his "friends"on 2 seperate nights,and the last night of the cruise,they had dinner,had a Going Home party in the disco(early,around 730) and they kept him until 1 am and brought him to the cabin.There is a small charge after 10pm,but well worth it.I dont want it to sound like we "dumped him in camp"all cruise long,he stayed with us during the day and we all played like crazy.He justwanted to"party'with his friends at night.

Have a great cruise

Our DD (6) loves Camp Carnival. She begs to go all day, everyday when we're on the boat. We usually send her in the morning for a few hours and then in the evening. The kids can be dropped off for dinner at 6 pm - and my DD typically prefers that over the dining room.

Not sure if they offer it on Fascination or not, but when we were on the Conquest last summer, the Build a Bear thing, which they called the "Family Bear Activity" started at $20. They only offered it once though, on the first sea day. We missed out because I didn't realize this. Check your caper so you don't miss out. We're hoping they have it on Ecstasy next month. :)

We will be on the Ecstasy in Jan and I know my daughter, 7, would love the build a bear activity. Please let us know if they have it when you go!!!! Thanks!

Our DD is 3 and we just returned from a 4 day cruise on the Paradise (same class of ship). She went to Camp every day in the morning and would go after dinner. She/we napped in the afternoon. She also did 2 late nights of babysitting so we could go to late night comedy. The first late night she was still up at midnight. The second night she as asleep. She did eat with us except on elegant night. We were seated with a family with a four year old. I did take her up at 7 as an hour of dinner was enough and she was asking to go play.

I hope that helps.

Amber:

I almost cancelled my cruise when I saw the age breakdowns. I have a 7 yr old (8 in March), a 5 yr old (6 in March) and a 2 yr old (will be 2 tomorrow!). My 5 yr old is in Kindergarten, he can read, do some adding & subtracting, play the Wii, ride a 2-wheeler, knows how to SWIM, plays T ball & soccer....now what IDIOT would put him in a room with 2-3 yr olds, who are often still IN DIAPERS and have limited speech. I mean my 2 yr old still eats crayons!!!!

Now, when his older sister goes to a group where they go swimming, play video games, etc., he is gonna be devastated. We are not planning on him spending much time in the camp room. Their breakdown is beyond dumb, its really uneducated, if you know a THING about child development. Not a big change in that 5-8 yr range, but a WORLD of difference between 2 & 5.

Amber:

I almost cancelled my cruise when I saw the age breakdowns. I have a 7 yr old (8 in March), a 5 yr old (6 in March) and a 2 yr old (will be 2 tomorrow!). My 5 yr old is in Kindergarten, he can read, do some adding & subtracting, play the Wii, ride a 2-wheeler, knows how to SWIM, plays T ball & soccer....now what IDIOT would put him in a room with 2-3 yr olds, who are often still IN DIAPERS and have limited speech. I mean my 2 yr old still eats crayons!!!!

Now, when his older sister goes to a group where they go swimming, play video games, etc., he is gonna be devastated. We are not planning on him spending much time in the camp room. Their breakdown is beyond dumb, its really uneducated, if you know a THING about child development. Not a big change in that 5-8 yr range, but a WORLD of difference between 2 & 5.

My 5 yo (6 in March) can do the same math, is learning his sight words, plays Wii, rides a 2- wheeler, swims on a swim team, plays coach-pitch and basketball. This IDIOT put him in the 2-5 year old program and he was just fine, and had a lot of fun. There are plenty of other 5 y.o. at the same level he is for him to have kids to play with. He went to Camp in the morning and then played putt-putt and swam with us in the afternoon, and at the end of dinner was ready to head back to camp.

There is just as much a world of difference between a kid in K vs a kid in 3rd grade, as there is a 2-5 year old.

And your 7 year old will not be taken to the pool; it is only the 9-11 group that can participate in that.

If you set your kid up to enjoy himself, he will; if you continue acting like he is above it, yes, you will be entertaining him the entire cruise. It is a vacation. Teach your child to relax and go with the flow.

And your 7 year old will not be taken to the pool; it is only the 9-11 group that can participate in that.

I didnt know that any age group was taken to the pool in the camp settings.

This is a liabilty for the cruise lines. Some kids swim- some dont- some are afraid of water. Put in the sea water instead of fresh water.

Camps will prefer the parents to do the swimming.

Has this changed since last August?

Archived