Mariner of the Seas - Feb. 21

SteakMama

I have a few questions that I'm hoping to get your expertise on.

Does anyone know what the boat ride is like from Los Angeles to Mexico, is the sea rough, will we get sea sick?

Also, does the spa have a private area that you can pay for to relax in the hot tub, sauna, heated chairs etc? Holland America does this, just wondering if RCL does too?

Does anyone know what the boat ride is like from Los Angeles to Mexico, is the sea rough, will we get sea sick?

Also, does the spa have a private area that you can pay for to relax in the hot tub, sauna, heated chairs etc? Holland America does this, just wondering if RCL does too?

The "ride" going south from LA to Mexico is usually calm if there is no weather realated issues. But the "ride" north from Mexico back to LA can be a little rougher because of the ocean current. It is the ocean and you will always feel some movement.

As for the private area, Mariner does not have this feature. In the changing areas near the gym there are sauna and steam rooms that are good size and free to use.

Hope this helps and enjoy your cruise.

CL-JW covered your questions well. Our July trip on Mariner was as smooth as glass, but there were some people that were seasick. Some people react differently.

The only thing I can add is to bring a jacket, sweater or coat, as the last day and night at sea will probably be pretty cold if you get outside.

We are on this cruise. The rollcall for the cruise is here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1008483

We have patches that we had for our Antarctica trip in February, and are bringing them with us if you need them.

Dave and Debbie

Archived