Holiday ????

bonniemari

Received my documents today for my Jan 27 Holiday cruise. Since I know there have been some problems with the Holiday I was wondering how much trouble it would be to try to get Carnival to let us change ships.

We were planning to drive to Mobile but was thinking it might be better to change to the Inspiration out of Tampa leaving on the same day. I checked a travel website and I can get a roundtrip flight to Tampa for $108. I know as the day gets closer the airfare will go up.

We gave this trip to our 2 kids and their spouses for Xmas and I spent 2 days arranging child care and time off work for them. I would be so disappointed if Carnival waited til the last minute to tell me the ship was going to be in drydock for repairs.

I realize I would have to pay the price difference for the cruise but to have peace of mind would be worth the extra money for the cruise and to fly to Tampa and leave out of there.

Received my documents today for my Jan 27 Holiday cruise. Since I know there have been some problems with the Holiday I was wondering how much trouble it would be to try to get Carnival to let us change ships.

We were planning to drive to Mobile but was thinking it might be better to change to the Inspiration out of Tampa leaving on the same day. I checked a travel website and I can get a roundtrip flight to Tampa for $108. I know as the day gets closer the airfare will go up.

We gave this trip to our 2 kids and their spouses for Xmas and I spent 2 days arranging child care and time off work for them. I would be so disappointed if Carnival waited til the last minute to tell me the ship was going to be in drydock for repairs.

I realize I would have to pay the price difference for the cruise but to have peace of mind would be worth the extra money for the cruise and to fly to Tampa and leave out of there.

Unless they cancel your sailing, you wont be able to switch ships without penalty plus paying the price difference. You can feel free to call, but Im sure that is what they will tell you. If they let people jump ship(no pun intended) the Holiday would probably be empty.

I hope it all works out for you! What a wonderful gift!

Cruise News Daily reports that Carnival says the Jan. 8th sailing will go on as planned but they have not been able to get all their ducks in a row for the dry dock yet. They now say it will be "the first part" of next week before they can get it scheduled.

I guess all this is good business for the manicurists (is that a legal word???) out there...I am sure a lot of nail biting is going on....

http://www.cruisenewsdaily.com/i-holiday.html

Don't know if his means anything, but Carnival's website no longer lists the 1/13 cruise under 'Find a Cruise" - could be sold out, I suppose. They are still booking for 1/10 Ecstacy (2 days from now) though. Don't want to worry anyone, I just think it's a good idea to keep a close eye on this situation. If I were scheduled for 1/13, I'd call my TA to find out why they're no longer booking.

Hey, Mrs. Connie!

At first Carnival said they should have the drydock scheduled by the end of this week, but an article on Crusie News Daily says they have not been able to get everything worked out yet and it is still not scheduled. As of Friday they were saying they hope to know by "early this coming week"....so we just have to hurry up and wait....:(

I ASSUME it came and went as scheduled yesterday because there are no news articles that say otherwise.

Bonniemari - I suggest calling Carnival directly and asking them about changing ships. Once I thought this might be the case with a cruise I was looking at and was told that if there is room, and the cruise I want to xfer to is more expensive, they might allow this. It's on a case by case basis - the worse they can say is no.

Archived