Diving St Martin, St Lucia & St Kitts

Socref124

We are going on a Southern Caribbean cruise to St Martin, St Kitts and St Lucia on the Carnival Miracle on 1/7/10. Has anyone used a reputable dive operation on any of these islands? Any and all input is welcome. Thanks in advance.

I've dove with Dive Safari in St. Martin. They were okay. St. Martin is the best dive port out of the three you mentioned so it could have just been the port or the time of year (March).

Dove with Scuba St. Lucia. They were fantastic. Our guide was Xavier. He took us out to Superman's Flight. It was an amazing drift dive. They are the resort shop at Anse Chastanet Marine Park. The area is a high traffic fishing area and inexperienced divers have been hurt bolting the to surface. They will take 10 seconds (literally) do have you do a mask clearing and regulator recovery just to gauge how comfortable you are in the water.

I have heard good things about Dive Fair Helen as well.

In St. Kitts I would recommend Kenneth's. If you cannot book with Kenneth's then my second choice would be Pro Divers. My third choice would be to check out the spice production, i.e. I don't know of any other good dive shop on the island.

We've been diving in these 3 places multiple times. In St. Martin we've always used Dive Safari, St. Kitts was Pro Divers, and St Lucia was Dive Fair Helen. St. Martin never had too much to see, except the last time we were invited to join an impromptu shark dive while the dive master tried out his new chain mail. Very cool to see 7 ft. reef sharks up close.

St. Kitts had good dive sites, with plenty of fish and turtles. Pro Divers allowed us to dive our computers, giving plenty of bottom time. It was a bit rough last time, and the ship was almost unable to dock.

Although we really like diving in St. Lucia, the dive sites are quite far from the cruise pier which makes for a long ride to the dive shop. The last time there we were not impressed with Dive Fair Helen because we came within minutes of missing the cruise ship. You've seen those people running to the ship just as they are pulling up the gangway? Well, that was us, and it really came down to very poor time management on the part of the dive op. We'd definitely dive St. Lucia again (especially Superman's Flight at the base of the pitons) but would choose a different dive op.

I've dove in St Lucia and St Kitts the last 2 years. In St Lucia I used Island Divers. They operate out of the Ti Kaye Village resort. They pick you up at the cruise docks and transport you to the resort by boat. They have a package deal that includes lunch and beach/snorkel for non divers. In St Kitts I used Pro Divers. Both operations very professional and safe.

I've dove in St Lucia and St Kitts the last 2 years. In St Lucia I used Island Divers. They operate out of the Ti Kaye Village resort. They pick you up at the cruise docks and transport you to the resort by boat. They have a package deal that includes lunch and beach/snorkel for non divers. In St Kitts I used Pro Divers. Both operations very professional and safe.

Thanks Cruisin 07, appreciate your help.:)

Archived