Galvez through Carnival precruise

ttownhawk

Do you mean the Galvez Hotel? I didnt know Carnival booked hotels for people. Nice. The Galvez is arguably the nicest hotel on the island. It is a historic hotel and has lots of amenitites and is located on the seawall. I love this place and it retails for one night for over $200 so you have to decide if it is a good deal. I do think you will not be disappointed in it.

They have pre and post cruise packages available and the Galvez is one of the choices. And transport to and from hobby runs about $160 for two round trip. I already have hotel booked in Houston that runs about $200 for stay and transport round trip to and from port. But for $113 pp for stay and oneway transport to Galveston, in which I would have to secure return transport for about $80 added to it, I was wondering if that would be the better way to go about this. Stay in Houston, get to the ship around 1:30 or 2, or spend about $100 more and stay at Galvez in Galveston during Dickens on the Strand, one way transport provided by Carnival, return by taxi. Our flight arrives 11am on day before cruise, and return flight not till 8pm. What would you do?

I think I would have to choose Galveston because your flight leaves so late. Check-out in most hotels is noon and the Houston package will take you to the airport but at what time? Noon? One? That is a long time to wait. If you were in Galveston you could hang out and do the Strand and catch a cab or shuttle to the airport in the afternoon. Money is similar no matter what.

Just returned from our cruise and stayed two nights pre-cruise at the Galvez.Well I have to say I will never stay any where else when we leave out of Galveston.The hotel is beautiful and just magical,so much old charm.Some say the rooms are small in the older part of the hotel,this is where we stayed and there just wonderful.Book it you'll love it,it will add wonderful memories to your cruise,promise.

Kimberley

Archived