Meet and Greet?

cacj

In many threads, "meet and greet" is often mentioned....what is it? is it on every cruise?

With NCL, Meet & Greets are organized by a CC member who takes it upon himself to do so. He/she starts a Roll Call thread in the Roll Call forum for the specific NCL ship or posts within the existent thread for the ship's sailing and volunteers to organize the M&G. This involves contacting the ship's event coordinator and keeping everyone in the Roll Call informed about the time, date and location of the M&G. If you are already booked on a cruise, go to the Roll Call forum for your ship and look for your ship's sailing date to see if there is already an existent Roll Call thread. Within the thread, see if someone has already volunteered to organize that sailing's M&G.

The M&G itself is an informal gathering of CC members who have "met" in their Roll Call thread. It is held either in a lounge or a dining room of the ship. NCL provides refreshments and many of the ship's officers and staff attend the function. It's a great way to meet fellow CCers and it's also an opportunity to meet some important staff members who can assist in ensuring that your cruise is memorable.

P.S. Here's a link to your sailing's Roll Call thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1070746

It is a gathering of Cruise Critic Members who sign in to their Roll Call Forum for their ship/sailing and chat about their cruise and if they choose to have a formal Meet and Greet then one member contacts NCL group event planner for that sailing and they will arrange a room, usually a small bar, set it up with juice, coffee, pastries, etc. . It is usually held on the first sea day about 11AM. NCL then will usually have a few officers come to chat with the group, give information about the ship and answer questions. It is a nice way to meet the folks you've chatted with for a long time about the cruise. Making new friends is also terrific!

I believe there must be at least 30 CC members participating before NCL will do this but sometimes there are 50 plus who attend, sometimes many more..it depends on the ship and sailing and interest on Cruise Critic.

Go to the Roll Call Forums and find your ship and sailing and join in...it's a nice way to make friends.

Hope that helped.:)

I believe there must be at least 30 CC members participating before NCL will do this but sometimes there are 50 plus who attend, sometimes many more..it depends on the ship and sailing and interest on Cruise Critic.

NCL has no minimum in order to have a M&G. We had less than 20 and had all of the top officers except the captain attend, as well as a table of refreshments provided.

While Celebrity does an official CC party where you register with them to attend, their officers do not normally show up at the party. The NCL officers not only showed up, but were genuinely interested in our questions and comments. And they wanted to do anything within their power to make sure your cruise is the best.

I organized a M&G on the Dawn for our two cruises - October 2009 and in March 2009. The higher officers including the captain attended. We met Hugo, the wonderful hotel director, on our last cruise. He remembered us from the last cruise and ensured that we were treated like royalty. I encourage you to meet your hotel director!!!

I organized a M&G on the Dawn for our two cruises - October 2009 and in March 2009. The higher officers including the captain attended. We met Hugo, the wonderful hotel director, on our last cruise. He remembered us from the last cruise and ensured that we were treated like royalty. I encourage you to meet your hotel director!!!

Agree Wholeheartedly Lilcruzr, Meet & greets are a Must. That was how we met Hugo, the hotel director on the Dawn on our 3/21-3-28-09 Cruise. He and the rest of the crew are wonderful! Hugo is so kind, considerate and respectful and my husband and I considered it an honor to enjoy dinner with him on that cruise.

Without that Meet & Greet, we wouldn't have had that opportunity. We hope we meet up again with him on a future cruise.

Ruth & Bill

NCL has no minimum in order to have a M&G. We had less than 20 and had all of the top officers except the captain attend, as well as a table of refreshments provided.

While Celebrity does an official CC party where you register with them to attend, their officers do not normally show up at the party. The NCL officers not only showed up, but were genuinely interested in our questions and comments. And they wanted to do anything within their power to make sure your cruise is the best.

The meet and greet on our 10/17/2009 cruise was a highlight for us. We met several officers who seemed to genuinely be interested in our questions/concerns, and the restaurant manager (whom I disappointingly forget his name) remembered us throughout the cruise and we had several conversations regarding our experiences.

NCL never asked for a certain number of people, we just booked on RCI, they require 30 people to sign up before they commit. Seriously though, it doesn't cause much trouble - they should just book the event, NCL does and somehow survives.

Archived