Valor Port Schedule

apdchief

I sail the Valor in January and I received an email a few weeks ago that switched all of the port days around. We are still scheduled (as of now) to port in Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman, but on different days. Grand Cayman was scheduled first, but now it's last.

We are booked on the Jan 3rd sailing and I just checked our documents and it is still the same....I hope it stays, I already have all my tours lined up through independent source....I guess they will email me if there are changes....right??

We are booked on the Jan 3rd sailing and I just checked our documents and it is still the same....I hope it stays, I already have all my tours lined up through independent source....I guess they will email me if there are changes....right??

You can only hope!

The Valor started sailing alternate itineraries last week. It has been planned for quite a while.

It alternates between this one:

Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel and Grand Cayman

and

Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel

They do that due to the increase in traffic during the winter months to ease port crowding.

The Valor started sailing alternate itineraries last week. It has been planned for quite a while.

I don't doubt what you say, but when doing a search for cruises on the Valor, every one through next Feb shows Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel as ports except for the Feb 21st sailing. It does show Costa Maya as a destination.

I don't doubt what you say, but when doing a search for cruises on the Valor, every one through next Feb shows Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel as ports except for the Feb 21st sailing. It does show Costa Maya as a destination.

That must be a recent change. When we booked Valor 4 months ago we had those two itineraries to choose from.

Costa Maya is a strange place for sure.

I have been there twice and went scuba diving both times. I did not think much of it really.

I guess there are other things to do there, but the diving was excellent.

Looking at its current itineraries it only shows Nov 15th and Feb 21 with the alternate itinerary that it is sailing this week.

Costa Maya, Mexico ; Belize ; Cozumel, Mexico ; Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

It also sailed that itinerary a couple weeks ago as well.

Maybe it has something to do with the unrest in Honduras??

if you check the website, the Valor was always scheduled to do this alternate itinerary this week and again on Nov 15 and again in Feb 2010. They don't just randomly change itineraries for no reason.

Actually they can and will just randomly change their itineraries.. just look at your cruise doc's.

Weather, political unrest, port crowding... anything can cause a change.

We sail the Valor on January 17th and they sent an email about a month ago letting us know they reversed the itinerary.

Not sure if this is an every other week thing or not but I know if you go on line and look; it will be updated. Also they will send you an email regarding any changes.....

I sail the Valor in January and I received an email a few weeks ago that switched all of the port days around. We are still scheduled (as of now) to port in Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan and Grand Cayman, but on different days. Grand Cayman was scheduled first, but now it's last.

Hi There

We too are sailing with Valor on Jan.24, When in Jan. are you going?

I too am concerned about the possible change of schedule? So far looks like only the January 17th sailing has been affected and cruisers were notified. I am sailing on the 24th and have emailed my PVP who 'so far' confirmed we had no port changes and the original itinerary still stands.

I am now planning/confirming excursions and would hate to find out our port days have been switched around!

Hey Smurphy, we are with you on the Jan. 17 cruise! Maybe we will meet!

Hey have you been over to check out our roll call, we are a pretty active group. Please come over and say hello

You to smurphy.......

Archived