Island Marketing - Waverunner excursion

Geek Squard

Hi,

My wife and I are thinking of doing this excursion.

http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/StingrayCityWaveRunner.htm

The info says that the resort is a 15 min drive from the port. Does anyone know if transportation to and from the port is included? If not, what is the easiest means of transportation to get there and the likely cost?

Thanks!

We were thinking about doing thisn excursion as well. I emailed Island Mktg. Please see their response regarding transportation. Hope this helps you.

"Because all passengers differ in their liking transport is not provided in order to allow passengers "to do their own thing" and are not rushed back to the Port. A taxi will be called for you in order to take you to any destination you would like following the tour, or after your time relaxing at the Resort.

Transport from the Port to the Wave Runner Adventure is easily achieved by acquiring one of the many taxis found at the Port. Transport costs are approximately $8usd per passenger to the Start of the Excursion each way.

We can also organize your transport from the Port for $5usd per passenger each way, no deposit necessary, payable to the van we will have waiting for you. You will find a choice of organized transport on the confirmation form."

This looks like the perfect excursion, I am so glad you made us aware of it! I was going to just rent a scooter and head to Rum Point but visiting the stingrays and then Rum Point on a Seadoo sounds a whole lot more fun!

Can't wait!

My husband and I did this excursion back in October 2008. We used the prearranged transportation at $5 pp each way. We only had 4 people in the whole group so we got a lot of personalized attention at the stingray sandbar area. Our weather was less than perfect, but we still had a great time. Feeding the stingrays was awesome and getting there on a wave runner instead of a crowded boat was a lot of fun. We went by rum point too.. we didn't stay long as all of us wanted to get back to do a bit of shopping.

I would say- go for it! :)

Nancy

Archived