Formal Night on the Splendor

Happytrip

Hi all,

• How many formal nights do they have on the Splendor? Shoud we really dress up? We also Carnival Pass guests too. Some ships, guests dressed very informal on the formal nights. This is very confusing.
  • Do they serve afternoon tea on the Splendor?
  • How much chance can I change from late dinning to early dinning? I will fall asleep before late dinner time.

Hi there,

The Spendor's formal nights are on Monday and I believe Friday... we were on the Halloween cruise and they changed it. As to whether you should dress up... well my family got very dressed up and we were astounded to see jeans in the dining room, but at the same time, I'm not affected by other people's fashion choices- I was just surprised. We enjoy dressing up, but Carnival has relaxed it's stardards a bit.

They do offer afternoon tea on all three of the sea days, in the Gold Pearl dining room. It's very nice, and they have a lot of neat little snacks and quite a nice tea selection.

As to your last question, I can't say for sure how easy it would be to change dining times but it's worth a try. Sometimes the maitre d can accomodate. :)

We were on the Splendor in July. There are 2 formal nights. Most people dressed up and there were a few who were very casual. They did serve afternoon tea at least one day. I don't remember if there were more days that they served tea. If you want to change seating at dinner, see the Matre de

(I know its not spelled correctly) when you first get onboard. Have a great time!

Archived