wahoo! just booked our honeymoon!

cantwait06

Just had to share my excitement! Just got off the phone with my PVP and have offically booked our honeymoon on the Victory for next summer! We chose to cruise for our honeymoon since we got engaged on a cruise in April!

Is is normal to be more excited for the honeymoon then the actual wedding day?

Just had to share my excitement! Just got off the phone with my PVP and have offically booked our honeymoon on the Victory for next summer! We chose to cruise for our honeymoon since we got engaged on a cruise in April!

Definitely normal - up until the wedding day you are stressed by all that has to be done - on the wedding day you are stressed by what wasn't done, what went wrong, Uncle Henry getting drunk etc. As much as the wedding day is wonderful and you will remember mostly the good things you don't actually relax until you are back at the hotel with your new spouse. The honeymoon is for loving, relaxing, having fun and remembering. Make sure you go way up to an upper deck, in an out of the way area, under the stars and have a dance to your wedding song - even if you have to hum it. I have been married for 28 years and we did this on our last cruise - it was a wonderful then as it was the first time. Happy honeymoon and enjoy.

Thank you so much for sharing my excitement and for your advice! I am SOOOOO excited! :)

You are so very welcome - I love it when someone is so excited about something. When did you get married etc - I love details. We did not start cruising until we were in our 40's and absolutely love it and will recommend it to anyone who just wants to kick back - relax and enjoy. Do you have an ocean view or balcony or inside.

Congrats! I was just married 2 months ago and we're going on our Honeymoon cruise on December 3rd on the Dream!

Definitely normal ;)

Thanks everyone! We got engaged on our first cruise together this past April. We loved cruising so much we knew we had to do one for the honeymoon! We are getting married July 24 and then flying to San Juan on 7/31 for the honeymoon which leaves the next day! I am SOOOO excited, but it is so far away! They say that the time flies by when you are planning a wedding, but like I said, I just can't wait for the honeymoon! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to be getting married, but the whole wedding thing is stressful. The honeymoon is when the real fun starts! :)

Congratulations! My husband and I were also engaged on a cruise with Carnival Imagination back in March 2008 and we got married this past March. We took our honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Victory and had a wonderful time. The wedding will whirl right by you so you are fine to be excited about the honeymoon!!

Be ready for some great islands and lots of fun! We got married on a Saturday at 4:30 pm, partied all night at our reception, woke up at 4 am to catch our first of two flights, and were onboard the Victory less than 24 hours later. We participated on the Newlywed Game as the newest married couple on board. If you have time, try to book a room in Puerto Rico after the cruise. We were so exhausted from the wedding and 6 ports (in 7 days) that we needed a couple of days to "vacation" from the vacation. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Again Congrats!

Congratulations! My husband and I were also engaged on a cruise with Carnival Imagination back in March 2008 and we got married this past March. We took our honeymoon cruise on the Carnival Victory and had a wonderful time. The wedding will whirl right by you so you are fine to be excited about the honeymoon!!

Be ready for some great islands and lots of fun! We got married on a Saturday at 4:30 pm, partied all night at our reception, woke up at 4 am to catch our first of two flights, and were onboard the Victory less than 24 hours later. We participated on the Newlywed Game as the newest married couple on board. If you have time, try to book a room in Puerto Rico after the cruise. We were so exhausted from the wedding and 6 ports (in 7 days) that we needed a couple of days to "vacation" from the vacation. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Again Congrats!

Congrats to you! Wow, how funny that we have such a similar experience! We decided to wait a week after we're married until we honeymoon-we just thought it would be too stressful to fly the morning after our wedding! We are staying in San Juan a day before the cruise though. I would love to hear any of your thoughts about the Victory cruise. What did you do in each of the ports? Did you get any perks for being on your honeymoon? Any tips/advice you can share? I can't wait!

The Victory is a nice ship. It didn't have the steakhouse option or some of the amenities that a lot of the newer ships have; however, it was still a great ship and we had a great time.

I did have our room decorated with the Happy Honeymoon decorations. It turned out really nice. I also pre-paid for a honeymoon package that you can purchase on the Carnival webiste. It included wine glasses, champagne, his and hers Carnival t-shirts and visors, a photo coupon and a few other things.

We really didn't get any perks on the ship for our honeymoon. We did receive a slice of cake with a candle in the MDR from our waiter to celebrate our honeymoon. We did play the Newlywed game so that was fun. We received the ship on a stick award and a bottle of champagne for participating. They played the show every day so we got recognized almost daily by other cruisers--it was fun though. We also got Carnival Victory pins for being returning guests.

If you and your soon to be spouse are drinkers, I would definitely start buying the drink coupons. They can also be purchased online. We bought a couple of sets every month up until the cruise. This way we didn't have to use our Sign and Sail cards to pay for a lot of drinks.

We had our first balcony and we spent a lot of time on it watching the ship leave the ports and hubby had a cigar several evenings. It was worth the extra $$. We stayed on the Lido deck so it was nice to be close to the action. We didn't have any noise complaints.

Also we picked late dining and we will never do this again on a cruise with so many ports. Dinner didn't end until after 10:00 pm every night. We were so exhausted from the ports every evening that while we made it to dinner, we were wiped out right afterwards. We missed so many late night events because we planned to go back to the room and rest for 5 minutes and we would end up sleeping until the next day.

We did watch movies on deck on the large screen. The movies were up to date and it was nice. We try to take part in some of the activities offered so we also have done: towel folding class, bingo, karaoke, etc. There is plenty to do.

As for the ports:

We spent a lot of time on the beaches when we were in port. I won't go into too much detail but give you an idea of some things that we did:

St. Thomas--We caught a taxi. The driver drove us around the island and took us to a public beach. I believe it costs $4.00 to enter and we enjoyed the water and had drinks. The tour also took us around the islands to a lot of the private beach resorts. As it was our first day, we didn't want to do too much. We headed back early. I wanted to do the Sky Ride to Paradise Point and have a drink at the top but didn't get around to it. We did a little shopping also.

St. Lucia--we did a full day tour with Cosol Tours. We really enjoyed the tour. I found out about Cosol through this website. You can do a search and find out all that the tour entails. I remember that it was all day. We didn't get into port until 12 noon and we got right off and got going. We made it back at 7:00 pm. Our tour driver was named Yellowbird. He took us through a banana farm (my husband and everyone else ate bananas right from the tree), drove through the village of Soufriere and Anse La Raye. We took a boat from one quarter (that's what they call the villages) to a private resort--the Hilton Jalousie. The resort was right between the Pitons--absolutely beautiful. All of the beaches are public, so we were able to sit on the beach or go to the restaurant at the resort. Some of the folks with us went snorkeling. We also were given fresh hot bread and cheese that was wonderful. We drove by the famous Marigot Bay filmed in the original Dr. Doolittle. We also went to a Botanical Garden and a Waterfall. They also stopped for souvenirs, photo opportunities and the like. The island beer is called Piton. My husband loved it. On the tour all the drinks you could drink were included. We had Rum Punch, Pitons, Water, Sprite, a homemade brew at least 5 or 6 times during the tour.

Dominica--We got a cab and did a mini tour of the island. We walked around the town for a little bit; however, we found it to be a little "rough." Dominica was the most under-developed of the islands. My husband got asked to buy marijuana on every block (we of course said, "no thank you.") We saw the Natural Sulphur Springs, we also saw a beautiful waterfall and a few other things. We got back on board a little early for this island as there was not as much to do. One thing that I didn't know at the time was that there is a Medical School on the island and several Americans live there for 16 months before they begin internships and residencies. I think its called Ross University. I would've loved to have seen that area.

Barbados--My husband thought that this island was the safest out of all of the islands. Supposedly you're not allowed to wear camoflauge hear because it's against the law; however, we saw some people with it on. We ate lunch at a nice waterfront restaurant and we walked around a lot of the city. We did go to the Boatyard to hang out on the beach. The water was absolutely wonderful. We had a nice day at the beach and we rented a jet ski.

St. Kitts--This was the last island we toured. We didn't do a lot as we were exhausted. There was a nice market in town and it looked like a lot of people were in the market due to the ship being in port. We bought some nice watches and you're able to take a ferry over to the sister island, Nevis. We didn't go; however, it did sound like fun.

Antigua--We went to Dickenson's Bay and enjoyed the beach. A cab from port was about $6.00. It was nice and you could rent chairs and cabanas to sit under for the day. There were several different cruises in port so we met a lot of British folks who were on other ships.

I would suggest that you continue to spend time on the boards researching what you want to do in every port. It made the trip fun and there is really good advice available on here. You can do the ship excursions; however, your fellow cruise critics give you great ideas and you can plan a fun honeymoon for decent prices in every port. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Wow, thanks for all of your tips and advice! Did they ask you to be in the newleywed show or did you volunter yourselves? We did pick late seating for dinner because I didn't want to have to rush back from the ports but what you said does make a lot of sense, I can see us being exhausted every night! From what I hear there isn't much nightlife on this ship anyway since it is so port intensive! We have already booked with Cosol tours for St. Lucia so I am excited about that, and we are undecided for everywhere else. Our cruise doesn't go to Antigua, Carnival changed it so we go to St. Martin . I was a little disappointed but I'm sure that it will still be wonderful!

Thats good advice about the drink coupons too, I think we'll do that! I am so excited! I appreciate you sharing your experience with me:)

I hope the excitment you're feeling today will last you a lifetime.. Congratulations !!

Carrie

Congrats!

I'm also getting married next summer and our honeymoon's on Carnival; we're sailing on the Miracle out of NYC.

Sometimes I think I give this appearance too. I'm excited about both the wedding and honeymoon, but I think I talk about looking forward to the honeymoon more because there's so much stress and details and things to have to worry about with the wedding (will the flowers arrive on time?! will I flub my vows?! etc.), whereas with the honeymoon, it's just a vacation, just with my DW, all the nervousness of wedding day is gone, and we can just enjoy being together without having to worry about work, the responsibilities of home, or the responsibilities of the wedding.

Hope your wedding goes great and that your honeymoon is wonderful!

If the ships a rockin', dont come a knockin'!;)

Congrat's and good luck. We look at our honeymoon pic's, Not so much the wedding pic,s. This year will be 25 yrs. That we were on the Mardi Gras for our honeymoon. We had the best time in our lives and still talk about it. Have a great time for a lifetime of memories.

wow, thanks for all of your kind words! I really am so excited! The wedding itself does feel stressful-trying to plan and make everything go well, and dealing with the people in our lives who like to make drama wherever they go isn't helping! The honeymoon though-thats just us and no stress! I am sooooo excited for this trip I can hardly think of anything else! I've been spending all of my free time on cruise critic planning for the honeymoon instead of wedding websites so I can get wedding ideas! You know you're addicted to cruising when.....

• 6 months later...
wow, thanks for all of your kind words! I really am so excited! The wedding itself does feel stressful-trying to plan and make everything go well, and dealing with the people in our lives who like to make drama wherever they go isn't helping! The honeymoon though-thats just us and no stress! I am sooooo excited for this trip I can hardly think of anything else! I've been spending all of my free time on cruise critic planning for the honeymoon instead of wedding websites so I can get wedding ideas! You know you're addicted to cruising when.....

Congrats....Have fun I hear this is one of the best ships. I am getting married on the Carnival Victory in October. So hopefully you can give me a great review.

Archived