Visiting Sandy Lane?

chrisahx

While stopped in Barbados, has anyone ever visited the Sandy Lane Resort? I've wanted to book a vacation there for a while now, but will be at that port on my Princess cruise in about 10 days, so I was wondering whether anyone has also gone there while stopped in Barbados?

I emailed them yesterday to inquire as to whether or not I could eat lunch there and also if they sold a day pass to their resort but they haven't replied back. I tend to think they would probably not offer a day pass at that resort because its so upscale and they probably wouldn't want a bunch of cruise ship passengers descending upon them en masse and fill the place up. But it would be nice to be able to go there. I'm probably going to go to Jolly beach resort in Antigua, since they DO offer a day pass. If anyone has gone to Sandy Lane while on a cruise, let me know how it was. Also, if there are any other nice places to visit while in Barbados, I'd be interested to hear about them. Whats the transportation from the piers like there? Reasonable rates, or highly expensive?

They would be happy to have you as a guest for lunch, golf or spa. No casual visits offered and no day passes.

A cab from deep water harbour to Sandy takes about 20-30 minutes, depending on the traffic at the time. I'm guessing, but perhaps US$15-20 one way for up to four in the cab.

A good lunch for two with a glass of wine and a tip + VAT will be around US$200 depending on what you order.

I am unable to suggest other resorts due to CC restrictions, but Sandy certainly pleases most, if not all of its guests. You won't be disappointed.

Enjoy! :)

Good evening chrisahx,

I see that you've been on line a couple of times during the last few days, which means that you've read my response.

But I haven't heard a reply from you. (?)

Do you have any more questions?

Did the US$200 lunch change your mind?

Just wanted to let you know that there are many Chefette restaurants in the area, one of which is up in Speightstown.

You can get a lunch for two for perhaps US$20.

Please enjoy your brief visit regardless of your luncheon choice. ;)

Archived