Arrival Time at Port

PCruzer

We will be arriving in Honolulu on a Tuesday in January. The brochure says the arrival is at 8:00 am. There are also ship shore excursions listed that leave at 8:00 am. I want to do an independent tour. The tour operator will pick me up at the ship at 8:30 am. Do you think this is cutting it too close? If the brochure says arrival at 8:00 am, does that mean you can be off the ship by that time?

Most of the time, yes. In the event that the ship is late your tour operator will obviously see that there is no ship and will wait. Honolulu is a very easy port stop, wonderful new facility right in the middle of town.

Most of the time, yes. In the event that the ship is late your tour operator will obviously see that there is no ship and will wait. Honolulu is a very easy port stop, wonderful new facility right in the middle of town.

Thanks for the reply. I spoke to the tour operator, Hawaiian Escapades. (They do tours of the filming locations for the TV show LOST.) He seemed somewhat concerned about the 8:30 am pickup. I assume that I would be the first pickup and then they pick up at various hotels before starting the actual tour. If there are ship shore excursions listed as departing at 8:00 am, do you think there is a good chance that we will be in Honolulu well before that time and I could make an 8:30 am independent departure?

Archived