how to get tickets for shows onboard??

stephanie89

do you have to get tickets or can you just walk right in?

also, does it matter what you wear?

No tickets required. There are usually 2 show times for the evening productions so that when the early seating people are in the MDR the late seating people are in the show.

The recommended dress code is in the capers everyday and ranges from resort casual to elegant evening. I don't think they allow any bathing suits ever in the main show lounge not even for the daytime activities.

I usually wear capri's/shorts and tee's during the day with slacks in the evening for dinner.

All of the lounges and shows are free and some of the late night shows are adult only.

And yes you just walk in and take what ever seat you choose. The main show lounge on most of the ships is 3 stories tall.

do you have to get tickets or can you just walk right in?

also, does it matter what you wear?

You don't need tickets -- just walk right in. Go a bit early for the best seats...but please don't save seats unless the person you're with is right behind you (maybe stopped to use the restroom or something, but is heading right in.) Folks try to save rows of seats for their friends..who may end up not showing up..and that really isn't polite.

As for dress -- pretty much what the dress code says -- resort casual, probably no swimsuits or shorts at night. I don't think too many people stay "formally dressed"..but then, I don't remember if they even have shows on "formal" night.

Do they have any handicapped seating? My mom will be using a wheelchair.

Yes they do but I'm not sure if it's on all 3 levels or just on the main floor. The aisle's are very wide and I sometimes see wheelchairs along the exterior aisle, but there are also designated area's just inside the door for wheelchairs.

I've never seen a dress code for the theater. Maybe one exists, but I've never seen it. You can wear shorts - we have plenty of times. Heck, "dress shorts" are now even acceptable in the dining room on cruise casual nights. You'll see a wide mix of dress in the theater for shows.

You could probably get away with bathing suits too. It's not like the dining room where someone is monitoring the entrance. I'm not saying you should, I'm just saying you are not likely to be confronted. You might raise a few eyebrows though :cool:

Just a quick question. If you have late dinner seating, is there a show after that or is the show while early dinner seating is going on the only one you can go to. I can remember years ago when I last cruised, there was a show after the late seating. Can't imagine getting ready to watch a show before dinner at approx. 6:15 pm.

Just a quick question. If you have late dinner seating, is there a show after that or is the show while early dinner seating is going on the only one you can go to. I can remember years ago when I last cruised, there was a show after the late seating. Can't imagine getting ready to watch a show before dinner at approx. 6:15 pm.

It's done both ways. We just returned from "Glory", and the first "BIG" show had the late seatings show after dinner, but the second "BIG" show had the second seatings show before they ate dinner.

Also, be advised that there are two Carnival ships that are doing the "Comedy Club" shows every evening now. They DO require tickets for those shows, as they are trying to rotate the crowd through them, and avoid the same people just staying there for the entire evening. Tickets are free, and include a $1 off coupon for a drink. They have 3, or 4 comedy shows every evening and the two later shows are "R" or "X" rated. They are very good, and something a bit different than the usual entertainment.

"SKY"

Do they have any handicapped seating? My mom will be using a wheelchair

Yes, but check out the theater early, as some of the wheelchair parking is not located where you can be with her unless you are willing to stand-up... Lower deck as I remember, however on the upper levels there were chairs beside or in front of the wheelchair spots..

As for dress -- pretty much what the dress code says -- resort casual, probably no swimsuits or shorts at night. I don't think too many people stay "formally dressed"..but then, I don't remember if they even have shows on "formal" night.

The dress code is for the dining room, not the theater.

Y

The "BIG Production Shows" are almost always on "Formal Nights". I agree that even on those nights in the theater, you'll see everything from shorts to tux's. The line has always encouraged folks to stay "dressed" on those evenings, for the entire evening, but more and more folks are ignoring those suggestions. I'm certainly not offended, and doubt that there are many others who are bothered by people enjoying the entertainment in casual clothing.

Ken

"SKY"

Haven't read all the replies, so this may have been said...I absolutely wear shorts in the main lounge for the shows!! There are as many that stay dressed up as there are that are not...We usually stay dressed, because we need to get to the lounge very quickly to get front row seats as our travelling companion is visually impaired.

It's done both ways. We just returned from "Glory", and the first "BIG" show had the late seatings show after dinner, but the second "BIG" show had the second seatings show before they ate dinner.

Also, be advised that there are two Carnival ships that are doing the "Comedy Club" shows every evening now. They DO require tickets for those shows, as they are trying to rotate the crowd through them, and avoid the same people just staying there for the entire evening. Tickets are free, and include a $1 off coupon for a drink. They have 3, or 4 comedy shows every evening and the two later shows are "R" or "X" rated. They are very good, and something a bit different than the usual entertainment.

"SKY"

HI Sky!

If I'm not mistaken (and I VERY well could be) our group sat next to you (to your left) for the IT'S ROCK show...

The 2 ships for the Comedy Club are the Glory and the Dream...we went to a few shows and they were good

HI Sky!

If I'm not mistaken (and I VERY well could be) our group sat next to you (to your left) for the IT'S ROCK show...

The 2 ships for the Comedy Club are the Glory and the Dream...we went to a few shows and they were good

A BIG hello to you! You're probably right. I NEVER miss one of the production shows, and always try to sit in the first row. I'm pretty sure I know who you are, and WOW, wasn't that a GREAT show? We really, really enjoyed the entertainment aboard ""Glory"....

Hope to see you aboard again soon.

Ken

"SKY"

Archived